Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

OT - Night arrivals in SYD & hotel rec facilities

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2005, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG

Completely OT I know - but my tenuous link, is that this relates to arriving in Sydney at 9:40pm on a QF link flight, and departing again the following morning on QF, a trip I regularly do. Are there any hotels in Sydney that have pool/spa/sauna facilities that actually stay open after 10pm? I've tried several and it seems that 9/9:30 is closing time for most. I know in ADL you can at the Rendevous Allegra, but hey, ADL is a big international city with jetsetters from all around the world, whereas SYD is just a tinpot backwater .....

Last edited by lokijuh; Jan 10, 2005 at 4:02 am
Old Jan 10, 2005, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Well unlike MEL, SYD has beaches that you can swim in 12 months a year.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 10:43 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Well unlike MEL, SYD has beaches that you can swim in 12 months a year.
As recommended by gourmets off the coast of NSW:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...55E421,00.html
Old Jan 10, 2005, 10:19 pm

Programs: QF SG
Originally Posted by lokijuhre
Are there any hotels in Sydney that have pool/spa/sauna facilities that actually stay open after 10pm?
I am sure that there are a few establishments around the Kings Cross area that offer spas etc together with some additional forms of entertainment. Some of these might not actually OPEN until after 10pm....
Old Jan 10, 2005, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by martynriddle

I am sure that there are a few establishments around the Kings Cross area that offer spas etc together with some additional forms of entertainment. Some of these might not actually OPEN until after 10pm....
Yes if anyone is looking to get into hot water in SYD, that is the area to head for.

It was legal to have fun in MEL until as recently as the 1930s, but the Churches put an end to all that.

--------------------------------------------

Last edited by ozstamps; Jan 10, 2005 at 11:45 pm
Old Jan 11, 2005, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
You could always have a dip in Botany Bay.

I often stay at the Novotel BLS and while the signs etc indicate pool clusure at 9pm, I have often seen it open as late as 11:30 on warm nights. No gaurantees though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.