Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Express Customs line at SYD ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2005, 11:14 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Well, it should be a lot easier to prove you left the USA now that they take a finger print scan and digi photo of you just prior to boarding. And the Homeland Security agent should also hand you a receipt identifying the date, time, terminal and gate from which you departed.

I also assume this same Homeland Security agent should collect the green I94W stub if the check-in agent forgot to do so.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 9:29 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Originally Posted by NM
Well, it should be a lot easier to prove you left the USA now that they take a finger print scan and digi photo of you just prior to boarding. And the Homeland Security agent should also hand you a receipt identifying the date, time, terminal and gate from which you departed.

I also assume this same Homeland Security agent should collect the green I94W stub if the check-in agent forgot to do so.
I don't know which terminal you fly from in LAX, but I flew via the US twice last week and never ever did they take a picture or finger print prior to boarding (only upon arrival). On the return trip I made sure the lady in the Red Carpet Club collected my green form, but other than that noone cared to check whether I still had it in my passport. Maybe these are new procedures in terminal 4?

channa, I'm glad they did it right in your case. It's just not necessary to be rude, after all I guess it was their own mistake and not mine...
Old Jan 11, 2005, 9:37 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Sydfly
I don't know which terminal you fly from in LAX, but I flew via the US twice last week and never ever did they take a picture or finger print prior to boarding (only upon arrival). On the return trip I made sure the lady in the Red Carpet Club collected my green form, but other than that noone cared to check whether I still had it in my passport. Maybe these are new procedures in terminal 4?
Ditto for me - LAX T2
Old Jan 12, 2005, 3:37 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by Sydfly
I don't know which terminal you fly from in LAX ...
It was K16 at ORD from which I departed (AA153 ORD-NRT). First and only exit since the new finger printing started late last year.

There were two Homeland Security agents at the boarding gate. All non-US citizens boarding were asked to step to one side and place fingers on the portable scanner device and smile for the photo. A small receipt was then printed and handed to me. The process took about 30 seconds at most.

Perhaps this is being introduced progressively. The portable scanners either need wireless network comms back to a host system to validate the readings, or they have a previous download of info based on who they expect on the flight, or perhaps the just collect data and verify later (doubt that since they would not want a baddy to get onto the plane in the first place).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.