Search

Where is my FF Number?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2004, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Question Where is my FF Number?

There is either something wrong with the QANTAS internet booking engine or QANTAS are preparing for more changes.

Yesterday I made four domestic red e-deal bookings from the "Massive end of Year Sale".

In each case my frequent flyer number failed to come across to the e-ticket. My number did show on the confirmation page. I know this as I always print this out as a reference in case something goes wrong.

However when I recieved the e-mail's from "Qantas ITR", my ff number was not displayed in any of the .PDF documents.

These bookings were not showing in the "Your Bookings" page on the web site either.

I was easily able to correct this by making a telephone call.

Hopefully, there is just an error in the web site. The other implication is that this is deliberate and perhaps, is a precursor to a future where N & O class bookings might not generate SC's or Points .

Perhaps I should do some Y class bookings to see what happens?
Old Dec 29, 2004, 4:46 pm

Programs: QF Plat (LTG)
Originally Posted by serfty
There is either something wrong with the QANTAS internet booking engine or QANTAS are preparing for more changes.

In each case my frequent flyer number failed to come across to the e-ticket. My number did show on the confirmation page. I know this as I always print this out as a reference in case something goes wrong.

However when I recieved the e-mail's from "Qantas ITR", my ff number was not displayed in any of the .PDF documents.

Hopefully, there is just an error in the web site. The other implication is that this is deliberate and perhaps, is a precursor to a future where N & O class bookings might not generate SC's or Points .

Perhaps I should do some Y class bookings to see what happens?
You know, the same thing happened to me when I booked a K-class fare last week. I thought I'd screwed up, even though I was logged in as a FF, and I manually entered by FF number as well.

Sounds like there's an enhancement in the system. I've sent feedback to log the undocumented feature.

Last edited by swissbignose; Dec 29, 2004 at 4:48 pm
Old Dec 29, 2004, 6:31 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
My frequent flyer number disappeared from an award booking on the "Your Bookings" page when they switched to the new format. I assume it's just a glitch in the system - the number shows up fine on checkmytrip.com.

Steve
Old Dec 29, 2004, 7:06 pm

Programs: QFF
Strangely enough, I made a SYD/PER return booking on Boxing Day for myself and my girlfriend. I am a Qantas Club Bronze member, while she is a Bronze Frequent Flyer. During the booking process, I entered both our numbers but when the tickets were issued, only my FF number came through on my ticket and hers did not display on her ticket or come through on her "My Bookings" section.

As mentioned above, the situation was corrected with a quick phone call to Qantas.

Then, last night, I made a booking for just myself from SYD/BNE ... put my number in the booking but normally the flight displays in the "My Bookings" section almost instantaneously and this time it did not appear. I received the ticket this morning, only to find no FF number displayed on the ticket and the booking still not in the profile.

So, who knows?? Maybe it has something to do with the volume of people booking tickets on this latest sale (which I see has been extended a day)??
Old Dec 29, 2004, 7:34 pm

Programs: QF Platinum & LT Silver
Same with me.

Yesterday, I made 3 bookings - for my girlfriend, my son and me - to SYD/OOL on QF. I entered the FF numbers of all PAX but only my girlfriend's appeared on the confirmations. As others have said, a call to QF corrected the bookings. They need to fix this glitch as I bet some people may not be as vigilant and arrive at check-in to find that they have been allocated the middle seat, despite having status, as their FF number wasn't in the booking.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 8:32 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Definite glitch!

I have made several bookings during the recent sale...the first time the FF number did not appear and I thought I must have forgotten to enter it (unusual for me!!) and rang QF to add it in. The next time I made a booking, I was very vigilant to enter the FF number but again it didn't appear and I again had to ring QF to add the number...a little bit annoying as I like doing everything myself and try and avoid ringing QF...although they were very polite and quickly added my FF no. when I rang them ^
Old Dec 29, 2004, 11:31 pm

Yep, also the same here.

Booked 2 flights on 28 Dec for flying on 29 Dec, and both didn't have the FF number or status listed on the booking even though it was entered.

The booking was also missing from "Check my bookings" page.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 12:53 am

Programs: QFF
I contacted Qantas FF today to link my FF number to my SYD/BNE booking. Told the lady I spoke to about the problem and she said I was about the 4th or 5th person she had spoken to today with the same problem. She said it was something in the Qantas system that was rejecting the FF numbers by saying they were void, hence why they didn;t link up with the booking.

A quick and easy process, but damn annoying if it doesn't get fixed.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 8:05 pm

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
I also had this problem although my Frequent Flyer # was on my Flight Centre itinerary but not in the 'Your Bookings' section of my Frequent Flyer account. I was really concerned as I my flights were BNE-SYD-CBR-MEL-SYD-BNE with MEL-SYD in J Class. So I rang the FF number and was given a very friendly but loud male attendant. He reconfirmed my details and while on the phone checked out whether my FF # was there but it wasn't. More contact details just appeared. But then he said they can see everything we do as FF and all our activity. He alluded to the whole Big Brother saga. I was on the phone for quite a while as he was so chatty lol. But then again I did have quite a few questions

Were given points and SCs no probs. Also with my upcoming JAN trip to SYD and my FEB trip to Longreach LRE the FF # is also missing but I will keep the boarding passes just in case.

Cheers
David J Brown

Last edited by QF NB; Dec 30, 2004 at 8:10 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Dec 30, 2004, 8:51 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I have done several bookings in the past week
I called to do some upgrades and as they were not in my bookings I asked the same question
"is my ff no in my bookings"
No
so once again they had to add.
They really need to get that booking engine right.

One good thing. I booked a $149 fare adl-syd,jan 1
when the price came up it was the sale price(18th jan) $113

I certainly snapped it up and printed the reciept out!

great deal for 1st jan!
Old Dec 31, 2004, 10:12 pm

It's still broken.

I've logged some feedback through the website. Hopefully this will end up at the right desk and someone will investigate.

The Qantas staff are wonderful when you call up and have no issues adding in the details manually, but it's so annoying to have to call up each time.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Zermatt
Same with me.

Yesterday, I made 3 bookings - for my girlfriend, my son and me - to SYD/OOL on QF. I entered the FF numbers of all PAX but only my girlfriend's appeared on the confirmations. As others have said, a call to QF corrected the bookings. They need to fix this glitch as I bet some people may not be as vigilant and arrive at check-in to find that they have been allocated the middle seat, despite having status, as their FF number wasn't in the booking.
I think the system still recognises your status and preferences even though you don't get the number recorded.

I've booked 3 legs on international flights for travel early this year and even without my number being recorded in each case I've had my seating preference display correctly on www.checkmytrip.com . Could be a co-incidence, but I'd be suprised if that happened on three trips!
Old Jan 2, 2005, 4:58 pm

I too have found that all my bookings during the recent sales are bereft of my FF number. I hope that this is fixed up soon.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 4:23 pm

Programs: QF Gold MB Gold Elite
Strange

I booked a number of trips over the last couple of days and even though I can go to the "Your Bookings" page and see the flights, where it says FF number nothing is listed.

On my confirmation emails my number is listed, its just this one section in the "Your Bookings" page.

Maybe IT has forgotten to link this on the page???
Old Jan 31, 2005, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Qantas seem to have taken steps to allieviate this problem some more. While they appeared to have acted very quickly earler this month to ensure the FF number would by registered against a booking they now seem to have gone further.

I made a booking today and the email receipt I received was in the old format with simple text information. There was no .PDF attachment.

Also, full details are now showing on qantas.com. When bookings were made early this month the details for this booking using the "Your Bookins" function only had an empty space under contact details. The full contact details for these bookings are now appearing.

Last edited by serfty; Jan 31, 2005 at 4:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.