Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quick, need to get to Thailand asap

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2004, 5:45 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Unhappy

Well, if you want to read what I believe should go down as the FT thread of the Year 2004, read this thread about a tale of surviving the tsunami from FT'er UnitedSkies

Now this should put us all firmly back into perspective.

Last edited by QF WP; Dec 28, 2004 at 5:47 pm Reason: adding the link
Old Dec 29, 2004, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF SG, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, HH Gold
G'day again from Phuket. What can I say about this tragedy? It is so terrible, much worse than even appears on television and in the papers. I won't go into detail, suffice to say that it is like your worst ever nightmare.

Apart from the specific locatations of the devastation the rest of Phuket is running normally, power and water seem fine, mobile phones are patchy but work well late at night and first thing in the morning.

I was staying in a DUMP in the centre of Phuket town however have just moved to the JW Marriott and it is super nice, one of the better resorts I have been to. It seems so petty and trivial even to discuss a hotel at this time however with my work I need to have broadband access and that is easy at my new hotel.

BTW, did I mention that SilkAir SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for your help everyone!

PP
Old Dec 30, 2004, 10:52 pm

Programs: Junior Jet Club
Originally Posted by Press Photog
G'day agBTW, did I mention that SilkAir SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! PP
So what happened with SilkAir at SIN?
Old Jan 11, 2005, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF SG, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, HH Gold
Well, still here in Phuket - been travelling around quite a lot - got a Myanmar stamp in the passport a few days ago. Apart from that a lot of southern Thailand is getting back to normal however a lot of areas are still VERY bad with nearly total destruction.

Hope to be back soon!!!
Old Jan 12, 2005, 5:27 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Red, SQ, HH Silver, Marriott Gold.
Silk Air

Thanks for the update on Thailand. Would like to hear what happened with Silk Air!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.