Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Qantas Flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2004, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF
Booking Qantas Flights

Has anyone noticed whether the Qantas booking engine is unusually slow lately or is it just my computer?
Old Dec 8, 2004, 3:01 am

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by MattSYD
Has anyone noticed whether the Qantas booking engine is unusually slow lately or is it just my computer?
Just tried it and all seems OK from here. ^
Old Dec 9, 2004, 11:06 pm

Programs: QF Bronze
I have a contact in the IT department at Qantas and they said that their booking server recieved 1000's of hits every min........ So you can expect it to slow down every once in a while
Old Dec 11, 2004, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF
My local ISP has now been taken over by a nation-wide ISP and so I had to change my dial-up number. Funnily enough, when trying to book Qantas flights after dialling up with this new number, I can't usually get a response from the site. However, when I changed my dial up number back to the old one, it works perfectly everytime.
Old Dec 11, 2004, 4:02 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
i dislike their javascript date update thing ....the refresh kills my eyes
Old Dec 11, 2004, 5:54 pm

Programs: QC, QF, Avis Preferred, BW Crown Club, Priority Club
Originally Posted by MattSYD
My local ISP has now been taken over by a nation-wide ISP and so I had to change my dial-up number. Funnily enough, when trying to book Qantas flights after dialling up with this new number, I can't usually get a response from the site. However, when I changed my dial up number back to the old one, it works perfectly everytime.
Having worked for a national ISP whos hobby was to buy everything that moved [and what a great OzEcompany it was....] my advise is to confirm with your ISP what proxy and DNS they want to you have.

If all you've done is change your dialup number, even though they won't have told you, you'll need to change your proxy and your DNS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.