Wiki Posts
Search

Fare class conversion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2004, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat & Lifetime Gold, Velocity Gold, SQ PPS
Fare class conversion

This may be have been covered in an earlier thread - if so, please forgive me.

I have booked a D class Asian Explorer ticket on CX/QF. Obviously I prefer to travel QF whenever possible because of the bonus points. Currently the SYD/HKG leg is a problem with both 127 & 187 showing D0. However, for full business it shows J9. As a result I am currently CX on this leg since they had D availability.

Travel is for the weekend after next ... is it likely that Qantas will convert some J seats to D? If so, when is this likely to take place?
Old Nov 16, 2004, 10:35 pm

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
Are you currently waitlisted on the QF flights? I have found that generally waitlists for D clear with QF, especially when confirmed on the same PNR with another carrier.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Yes, confirmed D on a CX flight the previous day but waitlisted for D on QF.

Thanks, here's hoping.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 12:47 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
In my experience, unless there is a really high demand expected for J seats (maybe a world cup regby comp or similar), QF will release J to D for waitlisted WP's. So make sure you are on the WL and keep watching.

Now I just wish AA were a bit more forthcoming with moving J to D for waitlisted QF WP's. I have an ORD-NRT waitlisted that is showing J7 D0 (AA use 7 as QF use 9 to mean 7 or more available), and the seat map shows 22 unallocated business class seats. It just seems that AA set D0 on the Monday flights, while making plenty of D available on mid week flights. I need the waitlist to clear to make it back for the BNE Christmas Drinkies .
Old Nov 17, 2004, 1:04 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
DI542 you may find that a call to QF reservations bears fruit. I had the same problem with D class inventory on an LA flight AKL-SCL, which I was trying to book under the QF designator (100% mileage bonus for WPs). LA was showing something like J6 D3, while it was zeros all the way for QF. A couple of calls later (the first agent I spoke to wasn't of much help) and, as if by magic, 2 D class seats open up under the QF designator. In your case it should be even easier given that the flight is also operated by QF. I suspect I wouldn't have had this help as a bronze member.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 1:25 am

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Originally Posted by NM
In my experience, unless there is a really high demand expected for J seats (maybe a world cup regby comp or similar), QF will release J to D for waitlisted WP's. So make sure you are on the WL and keep watching.
My experience as well.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 1:46 am

Programs: QF SG
Originally Posted by NM
...unless there is a really high demand expected for J seats (maybe a world cup rugby comp or similar......
With that in mind, stay away from HKG flights around March 17/18 and back to Australia on March 21/22 as it's the Rugby Sevens World Cup.

Talking of which, does anyone have any connections with which a ticket to the tournament itself could be purchased? I've managed to get myself up there and back and get accommodation but the tix tmeselves are looking like they are rarer than usual this time round.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by virtualtroy
DI542 you may find that a call to QF reservations bears fruit ...
Thanks for the suggestion. Called the desk but they told me that they couldn't help since the booking was made through a TA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.