Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie First Post

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2004, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF, GF, VA, AA
Smile Newbie First Post

G'day everyone. I've been aware of this site for about a year or so but only started lurking in earnest in the last week or so while researching a few possible leisure xONExen to do coming years.

Worked in a job where I did very little corporate travel until I retired but then did some consulting work for the last couple of years & acquired the taste for sitting around in metal cylinders and consuming HP and other beverages in the QP.

This is probably enough for a first post in case I've stood on any toes or committed any other indiscretions so back to lurking and learning for a while.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 11:46 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SFSC
G'day everyone. I've been aware of this site for about a year or so but only started lurking in earnest in the last week or so while researching a few possible leisure xONExen to do coming years.

Worked in a job where I did very little corporate travel until I retired but then did some consulting work for the last couple of years & acquired the taste for sitting around in metal cylinders and consuming HP and other beverages in the QP.

This is probably enough for a first post in case I've stood on any toes or committed any other indiscretions so back to lurking and learning for a while.
SFSC

Welcome to the forums. ^ (from a semi newbie myself)

As you said you've been lurking for about a year, then you'll already know that there is a wealth of information to be gleaned from the "experts" here.
Look forward to hearing from you again. :-:
Old Nov 17, 2004, 12:14 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Welcome indeed SFSC. No need to be bashful as I think the boys and girls on this forum are mostly tame. Well, they can be a bit unruly at times and completely irreverent and irrelevant on many occassions but that's what makes it fun. Besides that you've mentioned QP and HP in your first post so it sounds like you will slip right in with no problems.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 12:24 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Welcome. If you're in SYD on 30 Nov, you're more than welcome to drop in to T3 for a HP at the Xmas function. There'll be someone who can get you through the door.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 1:13 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by SFSC
Welcome. You've doubtless already found the One World forum too - this will be a valuable resource when planning such travel.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 1:39 am

Programs: QF SG
Originally Posted by GoldFlyer
Well, they can be a bit unruly at times and completely irreverent and irrelevant on many occassions
Give me a C, give an X, give me a 1, give me a 2, give me a 3...........

And dont mention the bus
Old Nov 17, 2004, 3:03 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Originally Posted by martynriddle

And dont mention the bus
See what I mean. Never think you will get away with anything here either - even the simplest of comments get pounced upon. Take it from me, Mother was a great teacher in the art of getting pounced.

and martynriddle was I'm sure talking about the number of HP's he had thus far consumed.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 3:14 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Now, now...

And dont mention the bus

Welcome to FT. This was one of the most lively and controversial topics discussed on these boards...now only allowed to be disccussed in the QP with a few HPs in hand!!
Old Nov 17, 2004, 6:33 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Originally Posted by Goldflyer
martynriddle was I'm sure talking about the number of HP's he had thus far consumed
and here I was convinced he was onto something new... - well. I must be wrong
Old Nov 17, 2004, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF, GF, VA, AA
Thanks, everyone for the kind welcome.

I'll try and find some excuse to be in Sydney on the 30th (will also post to the Xmas function thread)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.