Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Done my search, but came up with nothing!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2004, 9:44 am
Original Poster

As you can tell, I come from the AA board, where any request for information immediately comes back with the remark above! I have that QF's upgradable seat category in business as "U", but when I use the cool Availability Tool, it comes back as "not recognized". I am trying to get the AA/QF liaison change my flights from SYD-AKL to SYD-CHC for 4 business award tickets. So, could someone please help me from SYD-CHC on December 20? Here are the codes and the flights:

1] SYD CHC 20/0925 20/1420 QF45 J0 D0 Y0 H0 K0 M0 RC L0 VC SC NC QC O0 [763]
[DAYS OPERATES 1 / JOURNEY TIME 175 MIN.]
-------------------- SEPARATOR ------------------------------------------------------------
[2] SYD CHC 20/1220 20/1715 QF185 J6 D5 Y7 H5 K5 M0 RC L0 VC SC NC QC O0 [763]
-------------------- SEPARATOR ------------------------------------------------------------
[3] SYD CHC 20/1845 20/2340 QF65 J6 D6 Y9 H9 K9 M5 RC L0 VC SC NC QC O0 [763]
[4] SYD MEL 20/0600 20/0730 QF401 J9 D9 Y9 H9 K9 M9 R9 L9 V9 S9 NC Q9 OC [763]
[DAYS OPERATES 1 / JOURNEY TIME 410 MIN.]
MEL CHC 20/0935 20/1450 QF35 J3 D3 Y9 H9 K9 M0 RC L0 VC SC NC QC O0 [733]
[DAYS OPERATES 1]

Went to Port Douglas, the Snowy Mountains and Sydney over Christmas, 2003 and now going to sample the Kiwi version of the Christmas Holiday.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Swimmin' M
Old Nov 8, 2004, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
U doesn't show on any publicly available websites any longer. But QF FFs can get a feel for what's available by making a dummy booking on QF's own website.

The bad news is that there are no business class award seats SYD-CHC for 20 December or any time around then (went as far as 28 December) - and I was searching for one seat, not 4. I'd therefore hang on to what you have got, and maybe buy a cheap domestic connection.

I don't know whether AA is able to waitlist you for U class seats. Normally, as I understand it, QF will confirm reward (free) seats in U if available but not otherwise. QF FFs using points to upgrade can waitlist for U, but that's the only way I know of to waitlist for that class.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 12:31 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Actually ITN/Amex (Galileo) shows U - you can either juse the Amex site or the KVS availability tool (See MilesBuzz).

For that date no U availbility for any SYD-CHC flights.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

A tip of the hat to you both and...

I already have the 4 biz seats to AKL, but it worked out better to start in the Southlands. AA has been no help in trying to get the seats changed, but Air NZ had coach seats for ~$200 US one-way, so I already have those in hand. It would be nicer to fly in front, but we can handle it for the short flight.

O.T - Global, what is the one "don't miss" thing to do in London next Saturday or Sunday, November 20 or 21? Mrs. M2swim and I are going over for the weekend for fun/mileage run. I would like to see Speaker's corner on Sunday, but other than that, what wouldn't you miss?

Swimmin' M
Old Nov 8, 2004, 1:54 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
US$200 for AKL-CHC seems a bit steep. Did you try booking through US website for Air NZ or local? (Hint: book through www.airnz.co.nz)
Old Nov 8, 2004, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

USD 200 is definitely too much. The cheapest available fares for the mid-to-late afternoon of 20 December start from NZD 105 for a non-stop, including taxes etc. = USD 72.60. You may not get 4 seats at that price but there's nothing to stop you booking them one or two at a time to make sure that you get the ones that are available at the lowest price and then book the remainder at the next price point. There is no difficulty with booking from overseas using that website - I've bought a lot of NZ domestic tickets that way.
Originally Posted by M2swim
O.T - Global, what is the one "don't miss" thing to do in London next Saturday or Sunday, November 20 or 21? Mrs. M2swim and I are going over for the weekend for fun/mileage run. I would like to see Speaker's corner on Sunday, but other than that, what wouldn't you miss?
Much depends on how much you've been here before and what you've already seen. The London Eye would be a top recommendation. If you want to go to the theatre for a laugh and some deep thought, and are not easily shocked or offended, go and see Jerry Springer - the Opera.

I can't off the top of my head think of anything specific that's on that weekend - except for a certain BA cabin crew member's birthday party that I doubt I can get any more invites to - but if you post again in the London forum I'm sure that some people will know of some things.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by M2swim
He he. I saw an ad in the Tube for a once a year event that's on that weekend ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.