Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF Silver vs. $$$

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2004, 1:36 am

Programs: QF PS and spouse of QP Senior Lifer PS, UA, AA, DL, AS, AV
Originally Posted by NM
Let us know if you want some suggestions on how to get >1400 SC's out of a DONE4 fare. Its not too difficult.
Or look in FT in the Oneworld forum under the Alliances subheading.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 2:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If he was 90SCs short of Gold, I think that there would be a value given that QP membership is about $300 a year in its self and so might justify something like a K CBR-BNE return trip to complete it ( $529 for 80SCs isnt too bad a run, especially since it takes < 3 hours each way. Makes a pleasant day out ).

Dave
I have investigated this myself. At current prices though, it's more like $645 for the 80SCs.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 2:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by deeruck
I have investigated this myself. At current prices though, it's more like $645 for the 80SCs.
Not for a 5 :-: dsn . I did it last weekend

Dave
Old Oct 27, 2004, 6:35 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Not for a 5 :-: dsn . I did it last weekend

Dave
How'd you swing that? As I look at the QF website now, the direct flights are at 297 and 296, coming to $593 for the 40SC trip, but you got the 80SC trip for $529? Does Geoff owe you a favour?
Old Oct 27, 2004, 9:05 am

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
Originally Posted by NM
760 SC's on a RTW is such a waste. Let us know if you want some suggestions on how to get >1400 SC's out of a DONE4 fare. Its not too difficult.
I need suggestions for a RTW business either ex HKG or AKL. Thats where the 2 country I'll try to live in. Thinking of doing a RTW on a DONE4 ex HKG. I think I'll live in Hong Kong for a while.
FYI, I do like my current silver as I had better experience on CX then QF. (J checkin and priority luggage). But not consider joining CX programs in the future.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 1:04 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
If you're to be based in HKG, why don't you get a ticket from TPE or BKK or other similarly cheap places?

Go to the OW Forum, do some reading. It's a treasure chest of information there. It even has prices for your comparison.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your help.

I've decided to just leave it this year and aim for gold/platinum next year.
See "DONE4 Trip...Help"

Regards
Old Oct 27, 2004, 7:25 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by Leumas
If you're to be based in HKG, why don't you get a ticket from TPE or BKK or other similarly cheap places?

Go to the OW Forum, do some reading. It's a treasure chest of information there. It even has prices for your comparison.
Good advice. Better pricing from BKK and TPE and easy to get to from HKG. The downside is that you use two "continent of origin" sectors getting there and back if they are not in your planned itinerary anyway. Then you can get caught short on "continent of origin stopovers" as well. But if you can worth within those fare rules, much money to be saved.

The OneWorld Forum is full of great suggestions and advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.