Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheap flights QF PER-SIN

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2004, 8:32 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ozstamps
I read Geoff Dixon in Sat SMH saying they had chosen the operating name for a new Qantas LCC based out of SIN, so thought this may have been it.
It has the rather inventive name of Jetstar Asia
Old Oct 3, 2004, 8:45 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Where the heck is CGK?
Jakarta. You can easily find out airport codes by using the Airport Code Lookup found just about Glossary at the bottom of the pull down menu. It gives a pop-up window to enter a code or name.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
More proof you Kiwis are an hour behind the rest of us.

I am often intrigued as to WHERE many 3 letter airport codes originated. Excluding Canada which is its own unique little Alphabet soup, where on earth would CGK have originated - does anyone know?.

It must have been an airport since the 1930s (or even earlier), so would have have a pretty good choice of letters. Whether you spell it Jakarta or Djakarta neither looks close to CGK.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 9:30 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
3 hours ahead actually

As for CGK see www.flyertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2625638
Old Oct 5, 2004, 4:07 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by GibSpmuh
QF have just released a new fare - http://www.qantas.com.au/agents/dyn/.../8308v1ASI.pdf - for only $464+tax. SQ have an even cheaper fare at the moment for $369+tax as well
One of Flight Centre's today-only specials was PER-SIN-PER for $299+tax. Presumably it was flying SQ, but that's a pretty decent price no matter who you're flying with.

Steve
Old Oct 5, 2004, 4:33 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by StevePER
One of Flight Centre's today-only specials was PER-SIN-PER for $299+tax. Presumably it was flying SQ, but that's a pretty decent price no matter who you're flying with.

Steve
Perhaps QF has figured out that Perth residents can read the Singapore bucket shop fares on the Internet. N class SIN-PER-PER at $SG545 + taxes
(quoted as 3-60days) has been available for a while. YMMV AU$=1.219 $SG

At $AU500 they might eventually convince me to spend a weekend in SIN.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 8:23 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by StevePER
That price makes a weekend duty-free shopping very attractive.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 8:00 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Today Flight Centre are offering PER-SIN-PER flying QF for $399 + $124 tax. Not too shabby. Only for the first 20 to book and pay though.

Steve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.