Wiki Posts
Search

Is there an arrival lounge in AKL?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2004, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM
Is there an arrival lounge in AKL?

We are traveling on QF 26 in J on AA award tickets.

I tried searching, but I was unable to find an answer. Thanks for your help!
Old Apr 25, 2004, 1:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There isn't

Dave
Old Apr 25, 2004, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM
Thanks for the quick reply!
Old Apr 25, 2004, 2:53 am
PB

Programs: QF-PS QP
From what I remember, there is no separation of inbound and outbound pax at AKL, so theoretically, the QC is accessible to inbound pax.

However, access would depend on the attitude of staff at the desk, and they may choose to interpret the rules strictly and deny access unless you are travelling onward that day.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 6:00 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
In AKL, there is nothing stopping an arriving passenger going to the QP lounge. However, you must meet the entry criteria to actually enter the lounge. This may depend on your individual circumstances.

For a Qantas Club member:
From 1 June 2004, Qantas Club Members are entitled to access The Qantas Club lounge in the departure port when the Member's next onward flight on that day is with Qantas, a QantasLink, Australian Airlines or Jetstar service.
Also note that your luggage will be getting dizzy on the carousel down below since the lounge is airside.

I suggest you give them a phone call a few days before and explain your circumstances and request. If they agree, they will note it in their log book at reception. I did this last year when I passed through the lounge and asked about access in a few weeks time when I would be travelling with Mrs NM (QP partner membership), 3 x Mini-NM's and my in-laws. The CSR at reception made a quick phone call, agreed and wrote it into the book. When we arrived a few weeks later they were expecting us and welcomed the entire party into the F lounge. So it is worth asking, but don't automatically expect success.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.