Wiki Posts
Search

Flying the 717

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2024, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 3MM, CX Diamond, Marriott Amb
Flying the 717

Hi everyone! I saw that the QantasLink B717's were being phased out for the A220s and was wondering if anyone had any concrete information about their retirement date, as I would love to hop down under to fly the 717 and potentially F100 during July of this year. Do you know if they will be phased out before then, and if not, what are some good routes to find them on? I heard that MEL-CBR, MEL-CFS, and SYD-CBR are pretty safe to try to fly on the B717. Any other information or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!
Old May 14, 2024, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Donaldo873
Hi everyone! I saw that the QantasLink B717's were being phased out for the A220s and was wondering if anyone had any concrete information about their retirement date, as I would love to hop down under to fly the 717 and potentially F100 during July of this year. Do you know if they will be phased out before then, and if not, what are some good routes to find them on? I heard that MEL-CBR, MEL-CFS, and SYD-CBR are pretty safe to try to fly on the B717. Any other information or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!
Some B717 will still be flying in July 2024. Look at the info when you go to reserve a flight
And QF timetable info --> https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-...imetables.html
QantasLink-->
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QantasLink
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Jet_Systems
https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-...antaslink.html

QF newsroom March 2024-->QANTASLINK AIRBUS A220 TAKES FLIGHT
The third A220 is currently in production at Airbus’ facility in Mirabel, Canada, and is due to be delivered in June. Another four A220s are scheduled to be delivered by mid-2025. As more aircraft are delivered, the A220 will be deployed across other existing routes including Melbourne-Hobart from July, Melbourne-Coffs Harbour from October and Melbourne-Launceston from November.
Donaldo873 likes this.
Old May 18, 2024, 11:25 pm

Programs: QF WP
I’ll see if I can get info from Mr pants- he still hasn’t started line training on the A220 so imagine 717 will still be flying til the end of the year at least (MEL base). Would be keen for a “do” for the last flight either way
Catweazle likes this.
Old May 18, 2024, 11:49 pm

Programs: QF WP
B717 is *supposed* to cease flying at end of northern summer schedule ie October
Mr Enthused and Donaldo873 like this.
Old Jun 8, 2024, 7:49 am

Programs: QF, HH
A shame, as I always liked the 717. But then I always liked the 767 too and that would almost be something to post on Reddit's r/unpopularopinion page!

Still, at least they reckon that the A220 has the "largest windows of any single aisle aircraft and a cabin with a greater sense of space." That I can appreciate. More pax on board too, and double the range.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 1:47 am

Once the end of the 717 draws nigh, I would be very surprised if Qantas didn't take advantage of the opportunity to mount some 'final 717 flight' opportunities for avgeeks.

Last edited by djsflynn; Jun 12, 2024 at 2:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.