Search

Mileage credit on re-route

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2024, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat, NZ*E, LT AA Plat, LT Bonvoy Plat + countless others
Mileage credit on re-route

Hi,

I wanted to see what the expectation should be on a recent issue. I was booked on QF flight numbers (operated by LATAM) AKL-SCL-GRU return in business. The outbound leg was cancelled by LA, and so I was rerouted on AKL-JFK on QF, and then JFK-GRU on LA (but an LA flight number). I would have previously earned SC's on all segments since they were QF flight numbers - can I request SC credit for the SCL-GRU segment? And if so, I assume this is an email to QFF?

If not, i'll probably take the mileage credit to another program (I did not enter a FF number on this segment, because I wanted to keep the optionality).

Not sure what the expectation should be here.
Old May 10, 2024, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I think that you will earn as per the flights taken, so no status earning. If you think that Qantas points are worth earning over crediting elsewhere you will be still ok with points ( but not SCs ) id you credit the AKL-JFK

For AKL-SCL-GRU you would have earned
8700 / 140 , 9400 / 150 or 10500 / 160 plus 3300 / 80 , 3575 / 85 or 3850 / 95

so total of 12,000 , 12,975 or 14,350

AKL-JFK in business looks like it earns 16,100 points

JFK-GRU would earn zero , so definitely credit elsewhere
Old May 10, 2024, 9:08 pm

Contact QF FF and request the ORC for the QF-marketed flights you would've flown but for the involuntary rerouting.
nancypants likes this.
Old May 10, 2024, 9:16 pm

Programs: QF WP
I have never had an issue getting ORC for this
Most recently this was achieved via an email to [email protected]
i had to send boarding passes for the amended flights, and a screenshot of the eticket by way of demonstrating the original booking was eligible
eminere likes this.
Old May 11, 2024, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat, NZ*E, LT AA Plat, LT Bonvoy Plat + countless others
Thanks, i'll give it a go. I have OWE status on QR and AA now, so thought I'd add QF since i'm in the region and also have NZ*E.
Old May 11, 2024, 11:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
QF has poor earning, and high taxes, so you may prefer to keep crediting to QR/AA. You can use a QF account for collecting points collected from shopping, toasters, walking etc etc. if you are as you say in the region.

ORC to QF should not be an issue.
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.