Wiki Posts
Search

Canceling an unticketed booking ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2024, 10:43 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Canceling an unticketed booking ?

It's a long story but in short, I have a Qantas revenue booking that has not been ticketed (3 days since booking). The credit card charge is still pending but I don't have a ticket number. Multiple calls to QF have yielded nothing helpful, either saying "I've put it in the queue" or "the reservations team said it won't ticket/price".
Can I cancel with Qantas for a refund (or canceling the pending charge)?
I assume there's no penalty or voucher to be issued since there's no ticket issued -- is that a correct assumption?

At this point, I want to just start over with a different airline.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:00 pm

If you haven't purchased a flexible fare, then I would be hesitant to cancel/refund. You might find you only get taxes and fees back and you won't have a leg to stand on.

I've read a lot of feedback that e-tickets are taking a little longer than usual, roughly a week.

When is the flight? I would just keep following them up over the next few days and if you hear the "can't be ticketed" message again, ask to escalate to a manager.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by izzik
It's a long story but in short, I have a Qantas revenue booking that has not been ticketed (3 days since booking). The credit card charge is still pending but I don't have a ticket number. Multiple calls to QF have yielded nothing helpful, either saying "I've put it in the queue" or "the reservations team said it won't ticket/price".
Can I cancel with Qantas for a refund (or canceling the pending charge)?
I assume there's no penalty or voucher to be issued since there's no ticket issued -- is that a correct assumption?

At this point, I want to just start over with a different airline.
When's the flight? seems some overreaction here - ticketing isn't always immediate.

- is it an award?
- are multiple carriers involved?
- is it priced in FX?
- is the origin outside Australia?

All points that can affecting the ticketing.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kitt_
If you haven't purchased a flexible fare, then I would be hesitant to cancel/refund. You might find you only get taxes and fees back and you won't have a leg to stand on.

I've read a lot of feedback that e-tickets are taking a little longer than usual, roughly a week.

When is the flight? I would just keep following them up over the next few days and if you hear the "can't be ticketed" message again, ask to escalate to a manager.
This was for a RTW ticket starting on May 5.

Originally Posted by globalwanderer84
When's the flight? seems some overreaction here - ticketing isn't always immediate.

- is it an award?
- are multiple carriers involved?
- is it priced in FX?
- is the origin outside Australia?

All points that can affecting the ticketing.
Not an award.
Multiple carriers involved.
ex-CAI RTW booking.

Ended up canceling via phone agent and the pending cc charge eventually dropped. Whew.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by izzik

Not an award.
Multiple carriers involved.
ex-CAI RTW booking.
All reasons your ticketing isn't automatic, but it would have been done. I assume you've just utilised this because you've found a better fare rather than your annoyance at the delay in ticketing.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by globalwanderer84
All reasons your ticketing isn't automatic, but it would have been done. I assume you've just utilised this because you've found a better fare rather than your annoyance at the delay in ticketing.
Ultimately, my concern was that I was getting a different reason for the lack of ticketing depending on the agent who responded on the phone.
First, the issue was that there were too many segments, so I corrected that with Phone agent 1. She tried to get it ticketed but cited an issue with currency (something about how I booked online in AUD but it was being repriced in EGP). She promised to call me back in 3-4 hrs but never did.
Called again, Phone agent 2 said that Agent 1 was incorrectly pricing the ticket to the wrong city which is why it wasn't ticketing. She said that it would be fixed in 24 hrs.
Called again (after 24 hrs), Phone agent 3 said that she "put it in the ticketing queue".
Called again, Phone agent 4 said that it wasn't ticketing because I had "too many stopovers".. that the fare rules only allowed 5 (false) and I had 8.
At that point, I knew it was hopeless and I canceled. I didn't find a lower fare.. rather, I found a booking process that worked despite costing a little more $$... as opposed to dealing with insanity and uncertainty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.