Wiki Posts
Search

D Class Opening

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2023, 10:18 am
Original Poster

D Class Opening

Hello,
First time flyer on QF. Will be on QF1 to SIN on 10/20 on a D fare issued by AA. Currently booked in W. Is there a chance QF will open up D space closer to departure? Right now on EF its J9 C9 D0 I0. Tried the upgrade link on the QF website but it says I'm not eligible.
Any suggestions? Try at the gate for cash or should I keep checking EF every day.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Have you tried other SYDSIN flights, or going from MEL or BNE. Were you able to put in a waitlist or is it closed. Very busy sector, and I doubt with upgrades etc they will open up space. After all, they already have your money…..
Old Oct 13, 2023, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Called AA, they wanted $3000 more for D class SYD-MEL-SIN. Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 9:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Given QF have flights every 30 mins from SYD/MEL for less than USD $100, and as it is QF to QF they will check bags, it is reasonably safe separate ticket run with some padding. I am not sure on why a /D/ out of MEL is $3000 more than out of SYD - they are usually priced the same - unless there was a sale fare change? In which case you could look at after travel has started as it should then be historical fares.

You will need to cross your fingers and toes very hard. QF will happily sell J and C fares on that flight.

and QF do not do cash upgrades at the gate. They may offer a bid now, will offer QFF points upgrades subject to space. These do not start to clear until the days before the flight. You cannot confirm upgrades with QF international I would expect that QF1 go out full with people in paid business.
ual744777sta likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Unfortunately as many people who have booked RTW tickets with QF segments know, QF is incredibly stingy with D availability. Never say never, but I'd not hold my breath for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.