Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to enter KTN on QANTAS.COM?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2016, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Where to enter KTN on QANTAS.COM?

I don't see an option to enter KTN on QANTAS.COM. Our flight is LAX - BNE - AKL- BNE- LAX.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:35 pm

I don't believe Qantas is one of the carriers participating in pre check, so they would have no use for a KTN.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
I don't see an option to enter KTN on QANTAS.COM. Our flight is LAX - BNE - AKL- BNE- LAX.
I could not find such a function on the Qantas website. I called the 1800 number for the U.S. (the call center based in Cape Town, South Africa) and the CSR said that the website did not have the ability to add it, but that they could add it over the phone. As another poster said, not sure it matters for the QF flight, but it might for your connecting flights in the US as to getting precheck on those, which is why I bothered. FWIW, bc airlines don't always seem to pass on this type of info, I also added my KTN through the domestic carriers website, in my case AA. If you have the PNR from the domestic carrier that should not be a problem.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Teckelspass
I could not find such a function on the Qantas website. I called the 1800 number for the U.S. (the call center based in Cape Town, South Africa) and the CSR said that the website did not have the ability to add it, but that they could add it over the phone. As another poster said, not sure it matters for the QF flight, but it might for your connecting flights in the US as to getting precheck on those, which is why I bothered. FWIW, bc airlines don't always seem to pass on this type of info, I also added my KTN through the domestic carriers website, in my case AA. If you have the PNR from the domestic carrier that should not be a problem.
And after all that I noticed you had no domestic US flights on your itinerary! I'll read more closely next time 😜
Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

I just called customer service and they added out KTN onto the reservation...don't think it would be useful to us anyway as we flying from LAX to BNE..and TBIT doesn't have TSA pre-check ...but I think I can check in our bags and get in thru T4 and use the bridge to get to TBIT.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I just called customer service and they added out KTN onto the reservation...don't think it would be useful to us anyway as we flying from LAX to BNE..and TBIT doesn't have TSA pre-check ...but I think I can check in our bags and get in thru T4 and use the bridge to get to TBIT.
There are 16 airlines that participate in TSA Pre✓ however Qantsa is not one of them

Since it does not participate, you will not be able to use it, even if you detour via another terminal
Old Oct 25, 2016, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
There are 16 airlines that participate in TSA Pre✓ however Qantsa is not one of them

Since it does not participate, you will not be able to use it, even if you detour via another terminal
That makes sense.

Curious though, if you are ticketed by Qantas, but the airlines operating the domestic connections participate, is it worth it to add the KTN? For example, in my case, I'm flying AA and UA for connecting flights to/from LAX. As I mentioned above, QF supposedly added the KTN to my reservation, but was curious if that has any effect on getting pre-check for the domestic components.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 1:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

it may do, but I would be more inclined to contact UA or AA directly to add it to its system rather than rely on QF's system correctly doing so
Old Oct 4, 2023, 7:47 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
I have dual passports - and since I'm flying into Australia (on QF) I have to use my Australian one.

I think I put my KTN correctly... but TSA Pre isn't on my boarding card - any suggestions on how I can enter my KTN + use TSA Pre with my non-US passport?
Old Oct 5, 2023, 5:28 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
As you cannot use an Australian ID/Passport to obtain either KTN or Pre, I would be surprised if it would allow a match. I think the amount of time spent muddling through this is going to soon become much more than the extra time at the airport and taking your shoes on and off.

IIRC there is a security point between TB and Term 4 that usually has next to nobody in it, that could be a good if the TB queue looks long?

And if you really must, then a refundable or cheap fare on AA on the same day would work against your US ID to get through on Pre, and then wander back over....
Old Oct 5, 2023, 12:01 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
I get TSA Pre as a NEXUS member. QF confirmed that I can have TSA Pre / KTN with my Australian passport.

TSA Pre printed on the paper BP, not the Apple Wallet one.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 5:52 pm

When I checked in online, I was prompted to enter my KTN but didn’t have access to it at the time. When I checked my bag at LAX, I had it handy and the agent entered it for that flight. There’s no way to store it in one’s profile as far as I know.
Koru Flyer likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
.and TBIT doesn't have TSA pre-check ...
Yes, it does. But as others have said you wont be able to use it.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by shuuy
I have dual passports - and since I'm flying into Australia (on QF) I have to use my Australian one.
If you are exiting the U.S. - you should be using your US Passport, not Aus.

If they want a visa etc for Aus at check in, that’s when you flash your Aus Passport, which you will also use on arrival.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 10:35 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
If you have your USA passport in the booking - to get pre etc, but are using the Aussie to (correctly) get into AU, online checkin may push an error as you do not have an evisa for Australia. A simple flash of the passport at checkin will solve that and they will put in a manual override.

It may also chuck up an error when checking in for connecting flights say with AA.

KF
seanp7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.