Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Best Business Class Seat for US-->OZ travel? A380 vs. 789

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Business Class Seat for US-->OZ travel? A380 vs. 789

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2023, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
My recent a380 flights showed the lounge was rarely used. One group used it for chat for about 10 mins, but they were mindful of the noise their conversation was generating.
On the flight to London in the 24 hours the lounge was only used once.
Departing USA so late I think most people slept through the flight.
Most of the traffic was pre-departure with passengers having a wander to see the lounge, but it didn’t appear to translate into later use.
That's interesting, on my recent SYD-SIN / SIN-SYD A380 flights the lounge has been in good use for quite some time, and surprisingly that even included the overnight SIN-SYD leg. Perhaps it's very dependent on not only the timing of the flight but also the make-up of the passenger mix in cabin, eg more singles vs more groups.

Agree that it's not a touch on the EK/QR bar but then it's not meant to be and indeed it can't be, given those bars occupy very different locations with different dimensions. The QF A380 lounge has always been about using the sliver of space at the very front (a space which some airlines use for over-sized lavs) and at least the v2 iteration is so much more useful and usable than the original design.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.