Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Refund for classic business reward rebooked to economy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2023, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Was meant to fly a classic business reward booking MEL-SYD-HND today, cost 82k QF points + $236 tax

The MEL-SYD flight was cancelled after everyone had boarded, replacement flight delayed again, so it was impossible to make the SYD-HND flight due to Qantas fault

Rebooked to JAL economy SYD-HND tomorrow after a night in a .... ibis at Sydney airport, business not available apparently, won’t get my special meal request either

How much of a points refund am I due?? I think I deserve 100% for the inconvenience and missing half a day of my holiday, but what fare condition applies here?

Are they going to consider it an economy classic reward (even though it’s a JL flight) and refund me the difference in points?

Last edited by h222; Oct 4, 2023 at 8:50 am
Old Oct 4, 2023, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There is zero chanve that Qantas is gointg to give you a free flight. You can expect to be able to get the difference between an economy award and a business award

You should be able to cancel and get a 100% refund if you want
Old Oct 4, 2023, 5:29 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
There is zero chanve that Qantas is gointg to give you a free flight. You can expect to be able to get the difference between an economy award and a business award
To the OP, Yes, you can EXPECT to get the difference but actually getting traction with QF to actually do it is something different.

You’ll need e-ticket receipts and boarding passes. If you voluntarily made changes (as opposed to what the airline forced on you), that could affect your claim.

Find the right form on the QF web site (IIRC it is the one for cancellations / refunds). Emailing to frequent_flyer is a waste of time - it’ll be ignored because you didn’t use “the correct form” - but QF won’t message you to tell you this - they just ignore it.

good luck. As DN said, it should work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.