Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Justice served for QF and I bet more to come!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2023, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-09-13/high-court-rules-in-qantas-twu-battle-over-ground-crew-staff/102848684?utm_campaign=abc_news_web&utm_content=li nk&utm_medium=content_shared&utm_source=abc_news_w eb

“Qantas has issued its first-ever apology to workers after the High Court found the airline acted illegally when it sacked 1,700 ground crew staff members during the COVID-19 pandemic.”
Singapore_Air, ZenFlyer and becks1 like this.

Last edited by DownUnderFlyer; Sep 15, 2023 at 4:32 am Reason: Added context
Old Sep 13, 2023, 12:56 pm

About time. And well overdue.

Alan and team got too arrogant and used to getting what they wanted, as usual they went too far pushed too many limits and now suffering as a result.
becks1 and Singapore_Air like this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 5:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
While, there are many layers, I suspect business schools will use the complaint QF raised against QR as a good case of unintended consequences of flexing market power. They would still be major issues over ACCC and FWC, but the QR decision has impacted the very cosy way of QF lobbying and may even result in the tearing up of some major key advantages such as CL and using QF as the major government airline. The long term costs and impact could be far higher than the current litany of potential fines that are lining up.

the general punter may not fully get the nuances of QFs labour situation, or the ACCC case, but they certainly understand the optics of a company charging high prices while the polllies sit perceivable receiving gifts of free champagne and cakes. While they are struggling with cost of living and mortgage payments. It is a strange look for a Labor government.

given the odds were on QF loosing at the HC, I was surprised the new CEO did not pull the case, and use it as a signalling for a new QF. Unfortunately, it was probably her decision in the first place, and it is difficult for internal people to understand the depth of a mess they are in….

KF
ZenFlyer, becks1, nivsy and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
may even result in the tearing up of some major key advantages such as CL

KF
My God! The atmosphere in the QF Business Lounges is so low brow already. And soon the politicians may be admitted there.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 3:52 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
My God! The atmosphere in the QF Business Lounges is so low brow already. And soon the politicians may be admitted there.
haha. They’ll be a bundle of joy if sentenced to mingle with the riff raff.
relaxonbarton likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 10:43 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Government should announce Rex as the preferred carrier to have a 3-airline market.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Isochronous
Government should announce Rex as the preferred carrier to have a 3-airline market.
A lot of Members of Parliament would have to walk a long way to get from the nearest Rex port to their electorates -well, perhaps not walk but the Commonwealth Car budget would explode.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
A lot of Members of Parliament would have to walk a long way to get from the nearest Rex port to their electorates -well, perhaps not walk but the Commonwealth Car budget would explode.
Oh I don't know about that...prime opportunity to meet their electorates and constitute members out in the sticks! Would so do the parliament members good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.