Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

MEL/SYD/BNE - best chance of upgrade to LAX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2023, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Does one of MEL/SYD/BNE usually yield the best chance of an upgrade by cash bid or points? SYD of course has the A380 so more capacity but demand on this route like the 787 from MEL is greater. BNE although the smallest capacity on the A330 seems to have at least half the cabin currently vacant on the dates I need to travel.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 2:49 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Historically for me, BNE, but it is such a mugs game, unless you are a Plat or higher....
Old Sep 11, 2023, 6:32 am

As lifetime bronze with Qantas the only time I attempted to upgrade was when I was bored playing with the Qantas app on a Mel-Syd flight. I thought I would have to wait for awhile as it was months out, however it was approved immediately and the app showed confetti.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 7:37 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Domestic flights come out of award inventory (/U/) so if award inventory is available it will be confirmed immediately. International are always waitlisted and handled by yield management in order of status at various status windows.
Aidan likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 4:09 pm

That makes allot of sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.