Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Will Qantas Club membership provide access to 51st&Green Lounge in DUB?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2023, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

I live in the US and I have a Qantas Club membership. I have been using it for access to Admirals Club. I am looking at options for returning home from the UK next year. I would like to fly from LCY, and one option is BA to DUB, and connecting to an AA flight to the US.
I have Priority Pass from a couple different cards, and I have an Amex Business Platinum as well. However, none of those provide access to 51st&Green. If I'm flying AA economy, would my Qantas Club membership grant me access to 51st&Green?
Old Sep 3, 2023, 12:13 am

No. ...
Old Sep 3, 2023, 1:43 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
No - it is a third party lounge. Available for E41 online
Old Sep 3, 2023, 2:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I wouldn't worry about a lounge at LCY - there are quite nice cafes to wait for the flight. Going via Dublin is nice in being able to complete immigration and customs formalities before boarding the aeroplane
Old Sep 3, 2023, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I wouldn't worry about a lounge at LCY - there are quite nice cafes to wait for the flight.
The lounge in question is in Dublin, not LCY.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 3:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

oops - at DUB, just wait until last point to clear immigration - there is a lounge that a priority pass holder can use in the terminal
Old Sep 4, 2023, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
oops - at DUB, just wait until last point to clear immigration - there is a lounge that a priority pass holder can use in the terminal
Sorry, I realize I didn't make it clear in the post that this is DUB I'm talking about. I have never connected to the US at DUB, so I'm not familiar with the system there. I did see that there is a lounge available for Priority Pass holders pre US preclearance, so that is what we would use.

Thank you, and the others, for the information!
Old Sep 4, 2023, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by g289t
Sorry, I realize I didn't make it clear in the post that this is DUB I'm talking about. I have never connected to the US at DUB, so I'm not familiar with the system there. I did see that there is a lounge available for Priority Pass holders pre US preclearance, so that is what we would use.

Thank you, and the others, for the information!
You will want to pay in to the 51st and Green lounge. The reason for this is that it is recommended that passengers heading to the United States go straight to Preclearance, particularly when connecting. You should avoid using the other lounges, though, of course, you can. There is almost nothing to do after pre-clearance but sit on seats waiting, so you should purchase access to 51st and Green. You'll thank me later!
Koru Flyer and g289t like this.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
You will want to pay in to the 51st and Green lounge. The reason for this is that it is recommended that passengers heading to the United States go straight to Preclearance, particularly when connecting. You should avoid using the other lounges, though, of course, you can. There is almost nothing to do after pre-clearance but sit on seats waiting, so you should purchase access to 51st and Green. You'll thank me later!
I'm assuming this is the lounge that all business class passengers use? My sister and brother in law were upgraded to Delta One ex DUB which gave them lounge access. They didn't say which one it was, but I guess it was this one.

I'd be traveling with my son, and we have Nexus/GE.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 12:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by g289t
I'm assuming this is the lounge that all business class passengers use? My sister and brother in law were upgraded to Delta One ex DUB which gave them lounge access. They didn't say which one it was, but I guess it was this one.

I'd be traveling with my son, and we have Nexus/GE.
Correct, business class passengers on flights to the United States all have access to 51st and Green as standard. It's the only lounge there is, so that is the one you'll be using if you're flying business class or have oneworld Sapphire or Emerald in economy.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OW-->https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=DUB
51st & Green
US Pre-Clearance Lounge(DUB) Dublin International Airport Terminal 2

Access
  • Business Class
  • First Class
  • Sapphire Tier
  • Emerald Tier
Airlines
  • American Airlines
  • Access for eligible customers traveling on these oneworld member airlines only.
QF web site-->
eminere, FlightDetective and g289t like this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Sep 5, 2023 at 12:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.