Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF127 Cancelled due to Engine Problem [2023-08-27]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF127 Cancelled due to Engine Problem [2023-08-27]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2023, 6:48 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
In my experience they tend to repay quickly but limit hotel costs at $200? Which at this time is very difficult to find decent accommodation, esp. as they a
so seem to limit Uber/taxis to around $40. I have no idea what impact status or class of travel has, as I was able to have the difference reimbursed.
It took them over a year to reimburse for hotel accommodation I paid for myself due to a canceled MEL-LAX flight in April 2022, didn't get paid until May 2023. Complete incompetence.

I had another flight delay in April 2023 (SYD-LAX) that caused an overnight, and made them deal with the hotel booking (Pullman SYD) since I still had not been reimbursed from the one a year ago. Wasn't gonna make that mistake again.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold, HX FWC
Originally Posted by BD1959
Did you happen to hear whether people travelling beyond HKG were re-accommodated on other flights departing the 27th or were they, too, on the rescheduled 127?

Regards,

BD
Most of the passengers on the flight were HKers. When we were notified of the cancellation, some tried to book themselves on CX138 (the only remaining Cathay flight) to get out of SYD on the same day, but the flight was full and they just decided to wait.
I think a few passengers weren't on the rescheduled 127D (since on the next day, the check-in agent offered my friends a seat swap, which wasn't done previously) but apart from that, passengers with transits in HKG were not offered an earlier flight. I saw an entire team of CX staff waiting at the arrival gate & sorting out transit arrangements once I got off at HKG.
BD1959 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
If you are not in Australia, you may have missed that QF is allegedly not being totally transparent with cancelled flights. QF have had a curiously but deserved difficult week...

https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...31-p5e100.html
Yeah, I noticed how Qantas cancelled a few flights departing out of SYD on those 2 days as well...their reliability is really horrible right now
Old Sep 3, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by starvelk
Yeah, I noticed how Qantas cancelled a few flights departing out of SYD on those 2 days as well...their reliability is really horrible right now
if you meant HK flight was cancelled we had typhoom with airport effectively shut sep 1 and 2nd
Old Sep 5, 2023, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fakecd
if you meant HK flight was cancelled we had typhoom with airport effectively shut sep 1 and 2nd
Nope, they cancelled one to Noumea and Manila iirc. I am aware that for HK, the second delay was due to the typhoon instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.