Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF to reopen HKG lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2023, 11:12 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Ok answering my own question - no. The wine list as well as the food in the reopened lounge was quite disappointing. The signature cheese cake is back but no more coleslaw.

The buffet was just revamped on Saturday to feature more "plant-based" items. And the only meat available is a beef brisket that was tough and inedible.

The char siew and the limited menu available to order at the table is only available after 3pm.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 11:48 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
My menu from last month

Old Aug 7, 2023, 10:03 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
My greetings from QF HKG lounge.

While at least lunch doesnt seem to be anything spectacular, the caramel cheesecake and the great staff goes a long way. This lounge is a great alternative from the CX world for a brighter and more airy experience, and truly set apart from CX by the waiting staff attitude they are extremely friendly and engaging.

Kudos to QF for reinstating this!
Old Aug 8, 2023, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lkrt
While at least lunch doesnt seem to be anything spectacular, the caramel cheesecake and the great staff goes a long way.
Isn't that caramel cheesecake just the best!

This lounge is a great alternative from the CX world for a brighter and more airy experience, and truly set apart from CX by the waiting staff attitude they are extremely friendly and engaging

That's something I've noticed as well, and other visitors I know have also commented on this... I put it down to the fact that many of the staff were with the previous incarnation of the QF HKG lounge, so they were hired and trained up by Accor (the lounge is now operated by Sodexo). Accor puts a real focus on training hospitality staff and a program it calls 'Peopleology', and it's instances like this where you can see the difference, because those staff were IMHO trained really well, and again IMHO they have been a positive influence on other newer Sodexo-hired staff, so that the overall level of service is a notch higher than in some of the CX HKG lounges.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 6:21 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I tend to agree on the above. When travelling a while back when the kids were younger we made the trek over from the CX F Wing to the QF lounge as I thought they would have ice-cream. I have a vague memory about one of those mobile freezers with the mini tubs. Anyway, needless to say as is the way that happens to all parents with promises there was no ice-cream. One of the people in the lounge overheard the discussion and in about 10-15 mins appears with two mini tubs of ice-cream. He had done a ring around the other lounges and found some :-)

So yes, while I bemoan the QF SYD lounges the quality of training and service outside of SYD is often excellent

KF
djsflynn, lsquare and Isochronous like this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 4:59 am

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Hello, is the lounge now open everyday from 0730, in part to cater for the daily 1020 JL736?
https://www.qantas.com/es/en/qantas-...ng-lounge.html

Will the breakfast be catered for JL pax in mind?
Will there be vegemite toast?

Thank you!
Isochronous likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 7:50 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by csycsycsy
Hello, is the lounge now open everyday from 0730, in part to cater for the daily 1020 JL736?
https://www.qantas.com/es/en/qantas-...ng-lounge.html

Will the breakfast be catered for JL pax in mind?
Will there be vegemite toast?

Thank you!
If you have a JL flight in the lounge, you should put out the beef curry. But, post pandemic, none of the JL outport lounges such as Qantas HK nor US lounges like AA ORD FL seem to have it (in the latter case, there was a uniformed JL ground agent, but no beef curry).
Old Nov 4, 2023, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
If you have a JL flight in the lounge, you should put out the beef curry. But, post pandemic, none of the JL outport lounges such as Qantas HK nor US lounges like AA ORD FL seem to have it (in the latter case, there was a uniformed JL ground agent, but no beef curry).
Hi percysmith, I'll be flying MAD-HKG-TYO and will work better for me if the QF breakfast offerings were not for-JL tuned.
Will be there in a month's time, and will report back =)
Old Nov 12, 2023, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

I think there was a question earlier seeking clarification of the opening hours of the Qantas Hong Kong Lounge (due to some confusion over conflicting times on two Qantas pages): I can confirm it's open 7.30am to 11.00pm.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by csycsycsy
Hi percysmith, I'll be flying MAD-HKG-TYO and will work better for me if the QF breakfast offerings were not for-JL tuned.
Will be there in a month's time, and will report back =)
Good showing, and a nice change of scenery from CX's

Old Dec 16, 2023, 10:35 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Passed by the Qantas Lounge today around 12 noon. Below are the menus:

The siumai being served from the trolley was very good.
Spiff, Singapore_Air and dmatthew like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.