Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Extension and Apology for AJ

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2022, 7:27 pm

For the lounge invitation, do all frequent flyer members receive one?

If so, can’t imagine how busy the business lounges will get at the SYD and MEL airports??
Old Aug 21, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Logged in and activated my voucher about 10 seconds after getting the email.

Trying to login now to select my seat on an upcoming trans-tasman flight and it seems that there might be one or two people smashing the website...
Old Aug 21, 2022, 7:45 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I'm actually trying to book a trip to SYD for Wednesday, and failing.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 9:14 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by mikalee
I am glad I am not flying today. The App is in meltdown with everyone claiming their vouchers!!!
yes my SCs from overnight have not posted
my only mainline Qantas experience this year (the rest have been codeshares or JQ) was enhanced *so* much by the staff traveller next to me leaning into my seat space continuously on descent to take photos out of the window

not got a warm and fuzzy feeling after that!

also and I think I speak for many people who do the red eye mid hauls from Darwin, I would happily trade the weird 2am “late dinner” for no food but some pillows and blankets
Old Aug 21, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
great PR marketing stunt

without paying a dime, every news outlet talking avout qantas, not just locally... imagine if you had to spend to ask everyone to talk about you
lokijuh likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by fakecd
great PR marketing stunt

without paying a dime, every news outlet talking avout qantas, not just locally... imagine if you had to spend to ask everyone to talk about you
But folks were already talking about QF prior to this - but for other, less positive, reasons

I suppose that any public 'attention' is better than none ....
Old Aug 21, 2022, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jmendezona
For the lounge invitation, do all frequent flyer members receive one?

If so, can’t imagine how busy the business lounges will get at the SYD and MEL airports??
As post 2. Need existing status for the 1 visit lounge pass.
Qantas Lounge invitations:
Additional invitation for members to use themselves, or offer to a Frequent Flyer friend, colleague or family member, to enjoy a pre-flight visit with them to a Qantas Lounge. For Gold members, an invitation to visit a Qantas Domestic Business Lounge, or for Silver members, an invitation to visit the Qantas Club or an international Business Lounge.
Gold members already have access to QF club & international business lounge. Now a 1 off pass to get into the slightly better Domestic Business Lounge.

A significant number of these 1 off lounge passes will never used (as QF know).
Old Aug 21, 2022, 11:32 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
My Travel Passes are getting a 12 month extension to end 2023.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 12:07 am

Programs: QF WP, QF Lifetime Gold, SQ/*G, Velocity Rewards, IHG Rewards, Hilton Honours, Accor Le Club
The major point being missed is that although there may be more seats available, the points cost is still the same.
J return to UK still over million points !!!!!!

Points gouging remains.

I'm moving to SQ or UA but still have QF points to use.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 2:56 am

This is absolutely useless for me, and as a loyal Qantas flyer, I've been even more annoyed by the announcement.
I have just this week inched past Gold Status renewal, even though my year end is Jan 2023. And then I see:
"High flyers holding Silver, Gold, Platinum or Platinum One status with a membership year ending between 31 July 2022 and 31 December 2022 (inclusive) will see their status automatically extended to 31 July 2023 through to 31 December 2023."
So, I don't get my status extended.
Absolutely nothing in the email for me except a $50 voucher, and one lounge pass - that I never use as I normally fly domestic business anyway.
Quite grumpy tonight about this woeful PR move.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 2:59 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by lorkers
This is absolutely useless for me, and as a loyal Qantas flyer, I've been even more annoyed by the announcement.
I have just this week inched past Gold Status renewal, even though my year end is Jan 2023. And then I see:
"High flyers holding Silver, Gold, Platinum or Platinum One status with a membership year ending between 31 July 2022 and 31 December 2022 (inclusive) will see their status automatically extended to 31 July 2023 through to 31 December 2023."
Absolutely nothing in the email for me except a $50 voucher, and one lounge pass - that I never use as I normally fly domestic business anyway.
Agree - the status extension doesn’t exist for me. Bait and switch.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agree - the status extension doesn’t exist for me. (May)
In the last 2.5 yrs have flown 2 off QF sectors. And some other airlines
Old Aug 22, 2022, 3:24 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Yet nothing when your flight is canceled or delayed because of operational reasons?

I think they might of been better doing something like an extra 1000 points or 10SP if you flight was delayed over an hour due to operational issues.

I remember JQ took over domestic flights form QF within New Zealand. When they first start, there OTP was below average, and there public PR image wasn’t great.

They ended up doing a promo period where you got a $50NZD voucher, if your flight was over 1hr late.

It was great I ended up doing weekend day trips between AKL-WLG/CHC. For a few months in a row after just paying for one return trip.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 3:37 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by lorkers
isnt this what they’d announced previously anyway? It’s all becoming a bit ridiculous. Maybe they’re actually trying to turn us all off?
Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Seriously, who do QF employ as PR? Could not make up some of this and how they really think it's a PR success (but maybe it is!!). . As for the 50 dollars and a lounge voucher (wherein the lounges are sub standard anyhow is an insult.). Ofcourse some people will say this is generous and it appears that the QF website has fallen over due to the "claims " for 50 dollars!! That's well just well ....😉🤭
Take your business elsewhere it's the only way they will recognise how poorly they have handled all.of this.
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by nivsy; Aug 22, 2022 at 5:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.