Status Extension and Apology for AJ

Old Aug 21, 22, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Status Extension and Apology for AJ

According to executive traveller refer the round of status extensions are on the way and will be emailed on Monday, 22 August.

executive traveller article.
https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...2022-2023-2024

you tube of the apology
Old Aug 21, 22, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Qantas Newsroon (15:01 21 Aug 2022)--->QANTAS REACHES OUT TO CUSTOMERS WITH A FORMAL APOLOGY AND SEVERAL WAYS OF SAYING ‘THANK YOU’
  • Direct apology is being sent to millions of Frequent Flyers
  • Operational performance improving, with plan in place to bring Qantas ‘back to its best’
  • Frequent Flyers offered $50 towards a return flight from Australia or New Zealand
  • 12 month extension of status for Silver Frequent Flyers and above
  • Up to 50 per cent increase to Classic Reward seat availability extended; first release of additional seats from midday Monday
<snip>
Speaking directly to Frequent Flyers via an email and video message being sent on Monday, Qantas Group CEO Alan Joyce acknowledged while it was great to see people back on-board after so long on the ground, the return to flying hasn’t all gone smoothly.

“Over the past few months, too many of you have had flights delayed, flights cancelled and bags misplaced. There are good reasons why, but when it comes to what you expect from Qantas, it’s not good enough.

“On behalf of the national carrier, I want to apologise and assure you that we’re working hard to get back to our best.

“We’re already seeing a sustained improvement in baggage handling and on-time performance, and while factors out of our control like weather can have an impact on our schedule, we expect things to keep improving each week.
<snip>
Summary of bonus benefits

Status extension:
12 months status extension across tiered members Silver and above to continue to enjoy the benefits associated with their tier for another year.

Flight discount offer:
$50 off flight promo code for Australian and New Zealand-based Qantas Frequent Flyer members to redeem towards a return Qantas flight.

Classic Reward availability extension:
Extension of previously announced commitment of up to 50 per cent more reward seat availability on Qantas International, trans-Tasman and popular domestic routes until 30 June 2023 being released progressively from 12 noon Monday.

Qantas Lounge invitations:
Additional invitation for members to use themselves, or offer to a Frequent Flyer friend, colleague or family member, to enjoy a pre-flight visit with them to a Qantas Lounge. For Gold members, an invitation to visit a Qantas Domestic Business Lounge, or for Silver members, an invitation to visit the Qantas Club or an international Business Lounge.

Qantas Points:
A gift of Qantas Points for Platinum and Platinum One members.
Just fix the problems. Particularly with call centre operators, who are far from match fit.

Nothing about QF Club paid member extension.
Good my life time silver status will be extended by a year. Must mean I get to live another 365 days.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Aug 21, 22 at 1:01 am
Old Aug 21, 22, 1:23 am

Programs: QF WP
At this rate Im not going to have to fly with them again until 2045!!
ianassum and rt23456p like this.
Old Aug 21, 22, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nancypants View Post
At this rate I’m not going to have to fly with them again until 2045!!
Do you want to?

Edit
Watch for updates-->Status Support

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Aug 21, 22 at 1:35 am
Old Aug 21, 22, 1:37 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi View Post
Do you want to?

Edit
Watch for updates-->Status Support
TBQH Im basically a jetstar captive and despite being group you really get F-all for loyalty to group airlines
Old Aug 21, 22, 3:32 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
This constant pushing of QF as “The National Airline” is grating self promotion along the lines of “keep saying it and people will eventually believe you”. I’m unaware of any legislation that appoints a “National Airline”. Really, if any airline carries the Australian flag on its cabins then its a National Airline. And that includes VA.
Old Aug 21, 22, 4:18 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; Bonvoy Gold
So Joyce reckons there are "good reasons" for QF's stuff ups, implying that they've been out of QF's control. That's nonsense! To suggest that the issues have primarily been out of QF's control, or that other airlines are suffering from the same issues is an attempt to deflect the focus from the real issue. The reasons for QF's recent issues are not primarily external - they're direct flow ons from his decisions as CEO.

Basically what's being said is that all the issues of the past half year or so are not their fault, but it actually IS their fault. No other airline I've had to deal with during the pandemic and recently as travel returned has been as terrible as QF across the board, but PARTICULARLY if I needed to contact them to make changes or to chase up an issue.

The only logical course of action would be for Joyce to accept responsibility and step down instead of meaningless gestures such as this...
LimaFoxtrotRomeo and QF Lad like this.

Last edited by sol95; Aug 21, 22 at 4:36 am
Old Aug 21, 22, 4:24 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, GF Black; Accor Gold; Hyatt Explorist.
One of the other 'sorry' 'gifts' to FF's should be to close down the absolutely useless, annoying, frustrating, incompetent overseas call centres. Until then I'll just keep hanging up till I get an Aussie accent/call centre-over it.

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Aug 21, 22 at 4:34 am
Old Aug 21, 22, 4:48 am

Programs: Airpoints, Qantas, KrisFlyer, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet View Post
One of the other 'sorry' 'gifts' to FF's should be to close down the absolutely useless, annoying, frustrating, incompetent overseas call centres. Until then I'll just keep hanging up till I get an Aussie accent/call centre-over it.
I second this. We had a family tragedy in Africa and needed to move an existing outbound flight while keeping the inbound in a 48 hour window to capture the last flight out for the week to JNB. I ricocheted off the South African centre, then Fiji, encountering various forms of quivering hopelessness. I ended up buying a completely new ticket in the end. Subsequent attempts to get a refund for the earlier J/PE fare of the basis of Qantas' sustained and gross incompetence to be unable to extract the original booking and simply pay a fare change for the outbound proved fruitful. Along the way I realised that very soon Qantas' complaints department is going to need a new planet to accommodate them.

When you can break through or escape past the call centre to upper level operatives, there are some skilled and competent people but they rightly hide from the clients who've been subjected to the front line staff. Per chance, are any of the 1500 people Mr Joyce referred to part of many more 1000's they summarily flicked while pocketing billions in wage subsidies?

Last edited by paintini; Aug 21, 22 at 4:49 am Reason: grammer
Old Aug 21, 22, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paintini View Post

When you can break through or escape past the call centre to upper level operatives, there are some skilled and competent people but they rightly hide from the clients who've been subjected to the front line staff. Per chance, are any of the 1500 people Mr Joyce referred to part of many more 1000's they summarily flicked while pocketing billions in wage subsidies?
You are right there are some very skilled people in the Hobart call centre.

However I will call out the BS about pocketing billions in wage subsidies. Every $$$$$ of job keeper in every Australian business that received it went to the employee not the business. No business received jobkeeper unless they had an employee to pass it onto. If the employee left the employment the business no longer received that persons jobkeeper to pass through to them. Why the media portrays it otherwise I have no idea.
Old Aug 21, 22, 8:03 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Because the media lie all the time.
mikalee likes this.
Old Aug 21, 22, 10:00 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by nancypants View Post
At this rate Im not going to have to fly with them again until 2045!!
I'm regretting not using the past 2 years to move across to BAEC. All those flights credited to QFF to retain Platinum the hard way, and turns out I didn't even need a single one of them!
pythonisman likes this.
Old Aug 21, 22, 10:50 am

Programs: QF Plat, NZ Silver, EY, EK, SQ & UA
Originally Posted by LondonAussie View Post
I'm regretting not using the past 2 years to move across to BAEC. All those flights credited to QFF to retain Platinum the hard way, and turns out I didn't even need a single one of them!
I was just thinking that...I've flown so much with BA since I started travelling again and credited it all to QF.
Old Aug 21, 22, 12:05 pm

"Too many" of you... So if the situation wasn't so severe for so many, QF is not planning to apologize? So this sounds more like an attempt to mitigate some of their horrible PR due to their subpar operation levels?
Old Aug 21, 22, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

I am glad I am not flying today. The App is in meltdown with everyone claiming their vouchers!!!
shillard and nancypants like this.

Search this Thread