Search

Qantas - status and seating

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2022, 5:44 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by m0hamed
FYI F does not have status based seating. You should be able to select any seat in the cabin.
Just watch out close to departure incase QF move you from your allocated F seat - suspected shuffling pax around because of crew / staff sitting in F or higher status pax wanting your seat. I speak from personal experience. No doubt described as “operational reasons”.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by og
Just watch out close to departure incase QF move you from your allocated F seat - suspected shuffling pax around because of crew / staff sitting in F or higher status pax wanting your seat. I speak from personal experience. No doubt described as “operational reasons”.
I can confirm this too and I am QF P.

Seems they are quick to unseat a P for P1 or CL
Old Oct 9, 2022, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Thank you for your helpful comments. I am looking forward to the flights.

As a data point on seating when I assigned seating on QF2 LHR-SIN on Monday 24/10 (tomorrow week) only one middle seat (row 3) was available. When I added my BA number (Emerald) a second middle seat (row 5) became available. That may have been someone simultaneously cancelling I suppose but it was mildly interesting if QF don't use status to determine available seating.

Last edited by hsmall; Oct 11, 2022 at 1:55 am
Old Oct 9, 2022, 1:56 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by m0hamed
When travelling as a couple we always take 1/2A or 1/2K. I don't really believe you can travel together in a manner that you can talk easily in QF F because of how the seats are oriented.

You can definitely dual dual as shown in the photo on this page https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-...ses/first.html.

FYI F does not have status based seating. You should be able to select any seat in the cabin.
Many thanks m0hammed.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by hsmall
Many thanks m0hammed.
Note that you cannot request 5A it is a Bassinet seat.
Otherwise do not select seats in row A and K as a pair.
Rows F and K share the aisle and the overhead lockers above K seats.

Row A does not share with anyone and is the more private seating.
I prefer row A and even on the rare occasion that I’m traveling with my partner we will select 1A/2A etc and dine together.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 1:47 am

Hi all,
Did this ever get resolved?
This has happened a couple of times to me. I have my OWE status reflected on my booking and It shows me the available seats are free to choose. However, when I go to confirm, the page refreshes and it asks me to pay $80 to select the seats.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 2:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by itsjackson
Hi all,
Did this ever get resolved?
This has happened a couple of times to me. I have my OWE status reflected on my booking and It shows me the available seats are free to choose. However, when I go to confirm, the page refreshes and it asks me to pay $80 to select the seats.
You arn't trying to select extra legroom seats such as exit row are you?
Old Aug 27, 2023, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
You arn't trying to select extra legroom seats such as exit row are you?
Nope, I've selected just regular seats which show as free for Emerald. I've tried to remove and add my ff number again, but it's still not working.
It shows as free for both segments, but when I confirm, it recalculates the price to $80. I usually can select these seats for free, but on some flights it does this which is super weird.

Seats showing as $0

Seats showing as $0

Price changing after confirmation
Old Aug 27, 2023, 10:47 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Looks odd to me, you should not even be getting a payment screen. In the past I try to remove the FF number totally in RJ or QR then go to QF to enter. QF can have an annoying habit of holding multiple FF numbers and randomly picking one, despite what the app and BP may say.

otherwise I would call up.
Old Aug 27, 2023, 3:36 pm

The 'the price has change' message seen like a system error - I would just make a telephone call and get an agent to go it
Old Sep 4, 2023, 5:11 am

Thanks for the advice. I ended up waiting til T-80 to try and change my seat, but still no dice.
It showed up with another error saying I had a payment pending and needed to pay $40 before I could select another seat (also not the first time this has happened), I knew these seats were free as I had just changed the seat for a travel companion (bronze) on a separate booking with no problems.
I called up the call centre and I was not surprised when they kept telling me that the seats cost $40 to change, I tried to tell them the app showed $0 and I was able to choose it for free for someone else. They continued to insist they were not free and cost $40 which wasn't the case.
Eventually, I got them to remove the seat selection instead, I then selected the seat myself in the app and viola it worked.
The app is showing payment pending for this new seat now, but I'm happy enough with the seat to not change it anymore.
Qantas IT things I guess.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 6:29 am
$CJ

I'm looking to move out of a paid seat. When I select a different seat and proceed forward it says something about a $150 credit, yet at the final confirmation screen it just shows a $0 total. I'm not game enough to confirm it to see what happens. Does anyone know?
Old Oct 9, 2023, 10:25 am

Given rhat the T&C for paid seats state that fees are non refundable for a voluntary change ( https://www.qantas.com/au/en/travel-...onditions.html ) , I would be pretty confident that you will get nothing back should you change seats

I suspect that the $150 may be indicating value available towards a dfferent seat whilst changing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.