Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Caution when booking QF A380 flights....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caution when booking QF A380 flights....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:44 am

Programs: Miles & More / Virgin Velocity-Gold
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
It's not great. Row 4 or 5 are probably the pick. Row 7 and 8 are only 45 inches apart, probably not much difference between them.
Yes mid cabin is ideal and I never have problems booking with Lufthansa,Swiss or Singapore Airlines which is the rest of my itinerary , it is always Qantas that insists on blocking these rows of forward seats
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by robertr
Qantas blocks the first 6 rows and is probably the worst airline out there with their seat blocking.
What status do you hold ( if any )? Looking at the seat map for 1 July, with Sapphire status, only rows 1-4 are blocked

Whether thinking that blocking rows or those with status is good or bad, probably depends on whether you are one that gains or loses from it
Old Mar 10, 2022, 3:52 pm

Programs: Miles & More / Virgin Velocity-Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
What status do you hold ( if any )? Looking at the seat map for 1 July, with Sapphire status, only rows 1-4 are blocked

Whether thinking that blocking rows or those with status is good or bad, probably depends on whether you are one that gains or loses from it
No status. I can understand first 4 rows out of a 8 row cabin being reserved, 6 rows is over the top especially with a 11 month in advance booking, row 8 is a shocker, what other airlines are as severe as Qantas in this regard? Mini cabin in the rear appears even worse with PE passengers sharing the business toilets.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 7:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

No status. I can understand first 4 rows out of a 8 row cabin being reserved, 6 rows is over the top especially with a 11 month in advance booking, row 8 is a shocker, what other airlines are as severe as Qantas in this regard? Mini cabin in the rear appears even worse with PE passengers sharing the business toilets.
Some airlines would not allow free assignment of a seat, so is better. Does it really matter if you are a bit further back in the cabin? not like the seats are any different; may even be better for disembarking depending on doors used
Old Mar 11, 2022, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Mini cabin has the advantage of bulkhead seats which can be assigned at the time of booking without status. The footwells are much larger and won't restrict your legs and feet. .Even if you are sitting in row 6 or 7 the PE pax will still be sharing the WCs. Just they won't be walking through the cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.