Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

When are LAX and LHR QF lounges scheduled to reopen?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When are LAX and LHR QF lounges scheduled to reopen?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
LAX First is still closed as of today. Hoping it's open for my OZ flight next week...
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:00 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Posting partially to monitor progress, I have an AA flight (as a Oneworld Emerald) w/ a schedule change that I could request to reroute thru LAX in May, with a 3-hour layover.

AA's Terminal 4 has an airside connector to TBIT and the Qantas lounge I believe? How long would y'all say it takes to walk between the two?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:24 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Posting partially to monitor progress, I have an AA flight (as a Oneworld Emerald) w/ a schedule change that I could request to reroute thru LAX in May, with a 3-hour layover.

AA's Terminal 4 has an airside connector to TBIT and the Qantas lounge I believe? How long would y'all say it takes to walk between the two?
10 minutes at a moderate pace, especially if you stay up at the corridor level which is the one the lounges are on (gates are down)
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:30 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by 747kona
This looks new but maybe looks like a typo? The LAX biz (OW) lounge is already open. Do they mean the F lounge is opening on the 30th?
Could be when the lounge 'reopens' with longer operating hours; before it used to be on select hours of the day.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Any rumours as to when the LAX F will reopen?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Since it never opened end of March when they started selling F , I have a feeling it’s going to be some time they seem to be in no hurry (similar to the AA First dining at Lax)
Old Apr 2, 2022, 8:27 pm

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
Kind of a related question...I'll be traveling in a couple of days JFK-LAX-SYD on AA in F and then in F on QF. Is time best spent in the Flagship lounge or the OneWorld/QF Business Lounge?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 8:31 pm

You could hop around a bit given that you'll land into T4. There's champers (Piper-Heidsieck) last time I was at the AA FFL, and the food offering is better (though you'll likely be full on your flight to LAX), but there's more space, better coffee, and a better bar in my opinion at the OW J lounge.

Last edited by Wonga; Apr 2, 2022 at 10:37 pm
Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by nyc6035
Kind of a related question...I'll be traveling in a couple of days JFK-LAX-SYD on AA in F and then in F on QF. Is time best spent in the Flagship lounge or the OneWorld/QF Business Lounge?
Actually I was let into the *alliance F (surprised) on a oneworld F ticket. Small, with a menu and quite nice. Much better than the flagship lounge (which I also visited). The QF lounge only opened in the late afternoon and I was there before that time.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
Actually I was let into the *alliance F (surprised) on a oneworld F ticket. Small, with a menu and quite nice. Much better than the flagship lounge (which I also visited). The QF lounge only opened in the late afternoon and I was there before that time.
Oh! How long ago was this? Any idea if they’re offering that to OWE or just F passengers?
Old Apr 3, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by Wonga
Oh! How long ago was this? Any idea if they’re offering that to OWE or just F passengers?
A week ago. I don't know about OWE but I was surprised that JL didn't have any lounge for F in international - turns out they did just not advertised or on the web afaik.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 9:05 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Wonga
In past years QF has used both Star and Skyteam lounges sporadically to augment their facilities as needed, and it was only for class of service not Oneworld status. Air France had a great lounge for a year but didn't keep it up. I wouldn't expect OWE to ever get into the *F lounge these days.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 8:31 am

Have a flight coming up in QF F in the near future. For the past week, the Qantas app has listed the LAX International Business Lounge as the lounge option in my itinerary. Today, it shows nothing. It could mean something, it could mean nothing - interpret it as you will. Just thought I'd share though.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 12:44 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
F to LAX tomorrow. QF called me to book spa treatment just like the old days.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:50 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Take this with the source in mind, but I asked when the LAX F lounge was going to open when I was at the J lounge last night. The QF employee said that they were hoping by June it would be open. I didn't ask what the hold up was.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.