Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

When are LAX and LHR QF lounges scheduled to reopen?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam

Website says they’re reopening in December. Any rumors as to which day?
Old Dec 9, 2021, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Website says they’re reopening in December. Any rumors as to which day?
Possibly the Business/oneworld lounge on Dec 20th when the MEL flight resumes (QF94). The SYD flight is already operating almost daily.

If opening is tied to Qantas departures, it may be open approx. 5pm to 9pm on the days when QF12 and/or QF94 operate.

Or they may open all day.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Re LHR, I noticed this post on the BA board today: Lounges situation in T3.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Friends of mine flew today from LHR, and were pleasantly surprised to find that the Qantas lounge in T3 had just re-opened! They were told by staff there that LAX opens next Friday

The menu was:

Qantas LHR T3 menu
seanp7 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 2:10 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
I walked by both LAX lounges last week and there was zero going on. All furniture was covered/stacked. Bars empty of booze and glassware. I have also been checking Accor's jobs site, and they have had nothing posted for food/beverage/service for the LAX lounges (Sofitel has traditionally staffed it). The 17th sounds optimistic...
Old Dec 11, 2021, 8:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Now its not so bad to stop by T3
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I had heard the 18th for the LAX lounge to re-open. It would be great it it was indeed then as I have a flight out of LAX on the 21st and it would be nice to get breakfast in the lounge beforehand. That said, it assumes that the lounge will be resuming its normal hours. Not sure that will be the case initially.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 8:05 pm

QF LAX J lounge has now opened, hours are 3pm to 8.45pm.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 1:28 pm

Walked by QF F lounge in LAX, still plenty of furniture and appliances covered in plastic
Old Dec 20, 2021, 1:13 am

Anyone knows if QF is still planning to operate daily between Melbourne and Los Angeles from April 2022?
Old Dec 21, 2021, 7:04 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, BAEC bronze, Marriott Platinum
Any update as to when the QF F LAX lounge will open?
Old Dec 22, 2021, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Leon1980
Any update as to when the QF F LAX lounge will open?
Probably not until when QF resume F flights to LAX. At this stage at least March 2022.
work2fly and seanp7 like this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
Just read from 2 news sources that Qantas is planning to fly the A380 from LAX starting in just a few weeks from now, I'm keeping my fingers crossed they'll reopen the QF F LAX Lounge soon too.

https://simpleflying.com/qantas-airb...-january-2022/
Old Dec 27, 2021, 5:59 pm

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
I asked from LAX business lounge dragons just 5mins ago and answer was ”maybe march”.
News of schedule changes hasnt reached them yet maybe?
Old Dec 28, 2021, 5:20 pm

It's a tricky one, isn't it... Qantas will be flying the A380 only 3x week at first (schedule wasn't even loaded when I checked earlier this morning, so no idea if this frequency will continue or increase in Feb) and is also offering comp'd upgrades from Boeing 787 business class to A380 first class for "top-tier frequent flyers" so a goodly number of A380 F suites will be non-revenue. In that case, is it worth opening up the F lounge – rostering staff, stocking produce etc – for maybe 3-4 hours per day for just three days a week? But comp'd upgrades it's not necessary, but for those who pay the F fare, there'd be an understandable expectation of the full F experience or at least as close to it as Covid permits. I'd not be surprised to see the F lounge remain shuttered for another month or two, in which case one wonders what 'extras' might be offered at the J lounge for F flyers? You'd hope it could be more than real Champagne...

Last edited by djsflynn; Dec 28, 2021 at 5:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.