Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Has Qantas announced/signaled when it will announce June schedule

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has Qantas announced/signaled when it will announce June schedule

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2020, 5:40 pm

Route schedule from July 2020 onwards?

Hi, is there any way of finding out whether Qantas plans on resuming flights to HKG in July 2020? I know that HKG is closed for transit at the moment, just trying to see if QF has some sort of published route schedule. Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2020, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mister P.
Hi, is there any way of finding out whether Qantas plans on resuming flights to HKG in July 2020? I know that HKG is closed for transit at the moment, just trying to see if QF has some sort of published route schedule. Thanks
Looked at QF on line to see what they will sell you?

Cathay Pacific---> https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...dney-melbourne
Old Apr 29, 2020, 6:24 pm

Programs: QF, LM
Originally Posted by Mister P.
Mister P. , I am understanding your question as if Qantas will resume any "normal" (commercial) flights in July? Given that the 2-week enforced quarantine will apply to anyone arriving in Australia until COVID is beaten, I do not think so. I would not expect routine international Qantas flights for the rest of the year
At the moment it appears they just notify the limited flights a couple of weeks out - see here: https://www.qantas.com/au/en/travel-...vices.html#hkg

"

Flights between Hong Kong and Australia

Flights will operate twice weekly from Hong Kong to Brisbane and Melbourne on the dates outlined below.

Brisbane to Hong Kong on QF97
  • Saturdays: 11, 18, 25 April and 2 May 2020
  • Wednesdays: 15, 22, 29 April and 6 May 2020
Hong Kong to Brisbane on QF98
  • Fridays: 10, 17, 24 April and 1 May 2020
  • Wednesdays: 15, 22, 29 April and 6 May 2020
Melbourne to Hong Kong on QF29
  • Thursday: 9 April 2020
  • Mondays: 13, 20, 27 April and 4 May 2020
  • Friday: 17, 24 April and 1 May 2020
Hong Kong to Melbourne on QF30
  • Saturdays: 11, 18, 25 April and 2 May 2020
  • Mondays: 13, 20, 27 April and 4 May 2020"

Last edited by juddles; Apr 29, 2020 at 6:38 pm Reason: additional material
Old Apr 29, 2020, 10:09 pm

Thanks! Mainly asking because there is award space at the moment on QF29 MEL-HKG early July, so wasn't sure whether QF was planning on resuming the service then. There is also award space wide open on QF79 MEL-HND in July, should we assume that these flights will be cancelled in due course then?

Last edited by Mister P.; Apr 29, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Old Apr 30, 2020, 7:11 pm

Programs: CX GO
Looking at a couple of responses, I saw there was J class availability for a flight yesterday in June on Qantas' website, but this morning, there is no J availability at all, but economy only. Does this mean that flight is likely going to be cancelled?
Old Apr 30, 2020, 10:36 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by cxauhk
Looking at a couple of responses, I saw there was J class availability for a flight yesterday in June on Qantas' website, but this morning, there is no J availability at all, but economy only. Does this mean that flight is likely going to be cancelled?
QF hasn't been selling J on domestic services as the service level is reduced (no lounges, no meals, no drinks). Maybe the same now for international flights?
Old May 4, 2020, 6:50 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Qantas has announced to the ASX that they are cancelling domestic flights through to the end of June, and international flights through to the end of July.

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/202005...j0vhsfywz2.pdf

(Staying at the current limited operation)
Old May 4, 2020, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by perthite
Qantas has announced to the ASX that they are cancelling domestic flights through to the end of June, and international flights through to the end of July.
Some more here post 142

Several threads have posts on the same topic's
Old May 5, 2020, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
Originally Posted by perthite

So, I saw that notice on qantas.com, but neither of our Qantas international flights have been cancelled yet - I am seeing our itinerary on both Qantas.com and aa.com
When Qantas announced their previous international cancellations, how much later was it before the flights themselves were cancelled in their systems?
Old May 5, 2020, 3:12 pm

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Originally Posted by stewlevine
So, I saw that notice on qantas.com, but neither of our Qantas international flights have been cancelled yet - I am seeing our itinerary on both Qantas.com and aa.com
When Qantas announced their previous international cancellations, how much later was it before the flights themselves were cancelled in their systems?
Given the reduction in Head Office staff I would expect them to be slowly wokring though it but it might take weeks to put all the cancellations through. Easyjet are only cancelling 7 days out to reduce the amount of calls coming in... ie staggering the cancellaitons rather than doing all in one hit.
Old May 6, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by BD1959
I have a (was footie) trip booked MEL-DRW-MEL for the weekend of 13/14 June so have been watching carefully hoping for a cancellation (although a voucher would be bad either given this was booked during the DSC and is in J).

A couple of weeks ago all the J was zeroed out on EF which was also reflected on QF.com. Last week the flight zeroed out and the only QF flight available was via BNE. Today - all back to normal (except for the breathless J "Price nearly gone" on QF.com despite EF show x8 and x9 across all J booking classes!!)
Following yesterday's announcement, this morning I checked EF and QF.com today for my June flights. EF should both flights as zeroed-out and they weren't available for sale on QF.com. MMB still had the bookings however my seat assignment had disappeared and the option to choose the seat was not available.

Lunch-time I received an email from Qantas stating they were making changes to my booking, 40mins later an email notifying me of the cancellation/credit voucher (interesting valid only until Dec 2020 not Dec 2021 as advised earlier this week).

Called the Premium Line and within 4 mins had the voucher changed to refund.

Regards,

BD
Old May 6, 2020, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
Originally Posted by BD1959
Following yesterday's announcement, this morning I checked EF and QF.com today for my June flights. EF should both flights as zeroed-out and they weren't available for sale on QF.com. MMB still had the bookings however my seat assignment had disappeared and the option to choose the seat was not available.

Lunch-time I received an email from Qantas stating they were making changes to my booking, 40mins later an email notifying me of the cancellation/credit voucher (interesting valid only until Dec 2020 not Dec 2021 as advised earlier this week).

Called the Premium Line and within 4 mins had the voucher changed to refund.

Regards,

BD
Maybe they're working their way through the calendar. I just checked, our outbound leg to Australia on June 26 still shows as flying and has our seat assignments (although a seat map no longer comes up) even though it can't be booked. Since my booking was through American, I assume I need to wait for Qantas to cancel the flights so that I can get a refund from American instead of a voucher.
Old May 7, 2020, 12:43 am

Programs: QF Silver
I received an email saying one of my June flight times had to be changed. Turns out my three June booking were all cancelled. Importantly, manage my booking doesn't work, neither can I request a refund. => Another three paypal disputes it is.
Old May 7, 2020, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by littlegreenman
I received an email saying one of my June flight times had to be changed. Turns out my three June booking were all cancelled. Importantly, manage my booking doesn't work, neither can I request a refund. => Another three paypal disputes it is.
Link {Executive Traveller/AusBT}--->Class action could target Qantas, travel agents for cash refunds
Melbourne-based law firm Slater and Gordon is sizing up class action lawsuits against airlines, tour companies, cruise operators and travel agencies over their refusal to provide travellers with refunds for cancelled trips.

Qantas, Jetstar, Flight Centre and Webjet are among the businesses called out by the firm for pushing travel credits or vouchers instead of a full refund.

Also in Slater and Gordon's cross-hairs is the practice of airlines selling seats on international flights from Australia that are highly unlikely to depart.
<snip>
Old May 8, 2020, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Well, my June 26 outbound to MEL finally cancelled and was able to get AA to process the refund. Now to see if it really takes 2 weeks to happen as I got warned by the agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.