Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Global Double SC's From Noon Today -until 25 Feb for Travel 28th Feb - 14th Feb

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2020, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/me...Ic169sGG-tU6Oc

The Group has a range of measures to support tourism and stimulate travel demand. Qantas will today launch a Double Status Credits offer for all fares booked between 20-25 February on all Qantas operated flights[1], while Jetstar has a number of sales planned, with every domestic and international destination to be on sale over the next month.

[1] For travel between 28 February 2020 and 14 February 2021. See qantas.com for full details after 12:00pm (AEDT) 20 February 2020.
Bundy Bear and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 10:01 pm

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
QF must be getting some good traffic through the website - the search engine is very gluggy.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 3:52 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Pricing on QF tickets definitely increased for me as part of this. +£1000 on J from London -- think I'll pass on this one!
Old Feb 23, 2020, 5:09 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
with Covid 19 situation being so fluid, even a die-hard runner like myself is taking a pass on this. you dont know how the world looks next week, let alone booking a needless run just for sake of status well into next year is a commitment i rather not make

judging from generous booking window to next Feb, they must be suffering from ongoing issues, thus wanted to replenish their forward inventory receivables. if this virus gets a lot worse many airlines would probably grant status extention like CX is considering now.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:02 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by fakecd
with Covid 19 situation being so fluid, even a die-hard runner like myself is taking a pass on this. you dont know how the world looks next week, let alone booking a needless run just for sake of status well into next year is a commitment i rather not make

judging from generous booking window to next Feb, they must be suffering from ongoing issues, thus wanted to replenish their forward inventory receivables. if this virus gets a lot worse many airlines would probably grant status extention like CX is considering now.
this is where I’m at
the short window to book by doesn’t help- I’m waiting to see if my flights through China in April will be cancelled before I pull the trigger on anything
Old Feb 23, 2020, 4:24 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
ACCESS DENIED. Dear QF work experience student (AKA IT person). Please fix your web site so it can handle the traffic you need to generate the revenue you want. I can think of 24,000,000 reasons why you should do it.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 4:39 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
irony is had they done this promotion in January takeup would have been much larger i suppose.

Judging by history of 2019 I suspect promotion will be extended. Anacdotally i don't see anybody rushing to book travel (business travel in to/from Asia is practically banned and no clients wants to meet you if you are from Asia anyways) and leisure travel, probably not the best time to travel
levelnine and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 9:43 pm

Programs: Qantas Gold, Virgin Australia Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by og
ACCESS DENIED. Dear QF work experience student (AKA IT person). Please fix your web site so it can handle the traffic you need to generate the revenue you want. I can think of 24,000,000 reasons why you should do it.
Been having so much trouble with the site the last few days. Really bad.
og likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 11:51 pm

Is anyone able to see this promotion (double status points) on the QANTAS website anywhere? I can't see any reference to it anywhere.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:51 am

Programs: QFP LTS
Originally Posted by Doddles
Is anyone able to see this promotion (double status points) on the QANTAS website anywhere? I can't see any reference to it anywhere.
try:

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...3Aen%3Aflights

hope it works for you
Old Feb 24, 2020, 2:21 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Doddles
still there
https://www.qantas.com/au/en.html
Old Feb 24, 2020, 2:26 am

Programs: QF WP
It’s working well as I’ve just booked my flights on JQ 🤣🤣🤣
Jacksta likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:04 am

Thank you!
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:26 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by Revenge
Been having so much trouble with the site the last few days. Really bad.
It's been terrible. I've made several bookings in the past three days, but the number of times I've received "Access Denied" has been ridiculous.

Also, despite four attempts at registering for this promotion, I still haven't received a confirmation email (although each time the registration says something along the lines of "You have now registered... An email has been sent confirming your registration.." I rang up the Service Desk to get a note put on my account that I had registered in case of issues later down the track. They did mention to me they had been having troubles sending out emails to all registrants.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by pbl22
It's been terrible. I've made several bookings in the past three days, but the number of times I've received "Access Denied" has been ridiculous.

Also, despite four attempts at registering for this promotion, I still haven't received a confirmation email (although each time the registration says something along the lines of "You have now registered... An email has been sent confirming your registration.." I rang up the Service Desk to get a note put on my account that I had registered in case of issues later down the track. They did mention to me they had been having troubles sending out emails to all registrants.
After not receiving an email conformation after four attempts, I changed my email address on my QFF profile.

I waited a few minutes until I had received acknowledgement of the email change on both old and new email addresses and then registered again. The registration confirmation email was received almost immediately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.