FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Global Double SC's From Noon Today -until 25 Feb for Travel 28th Feb - 14th Feb (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/2009796-global-double-scs-noon-today-until-25-feb-travel-28th-feb-14th-feb.html)

serfty Feb 19, 2020 4:29 pm

Global Double SC's From Noon Today -until 25 Feb for Travel 28th Feb - 14th Feb

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/me...Ic169sGG-tU6Oc

The Group has a range of measures to support tourism and stimulate travel demand. Qantas will today launch a Double Status Credits offer for all fares booked between 20-25 February on all Qantas operated flights[1], while Jetstar has a number of sales planned, with every domestic and international destination to be on sale over the next month.

[1] For travel between 28 February 2020 and 14 February 2021. See qantas.com for full details after 12:00pm (AEDT) 20 February 2020.

mikalee Feb 20, 2020 10:01 pm

QF must be getting some good traffic through the website - the search engine is very gluggy.

pythonisman Feb 21, 2020 3:52 am

Pricing on QF tickets definitely increased for me as part of this. +£1000 on J from London -- think I'll pass on this one!

fakecd Feb 23, 2020 5:09 am

with Covid 19 situation being so fluid, even a die-hard runner like myself is taking a pass on this. you dont know how the world looks next week, let alone booking a needless run just for sake of status well into next year is a commitment i rather not make

judging from generous booking window to next Feb, they must be suffering from ongoing issues, thus wanted to replenish their forward inventory receivables. if this virus gets a lot worse many airlines would probably grant status extention like CX is considering now.

nancypants Feb 23, 2020 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by fakecd (Post 32102979)
with Covid 19 situation being so fluid, even a die-hard runner like myself is taking a pass on this. you dont know how the world looks next week, let alone booking a needless run just for sake of status well into next year is a commitment i rather not make

judging from generous booking window to next Feb, they must be suffering from ongoing issues, thus wanted to replenish their forward inventory receivables. if this virus gets a lot worse many airlines would probably grant status extention like CX is considering now.

this is where I’m at
the short window to book by doesn’t help- I’m waiting to see if my flights through China in April will be cancelled before I pull the trigger on anything

og Feb 23, 2020 4:24 pm

ACCESS DENIED. Dear QF work experience student (AKA IT person). Please fix your web site so it can handle the traffic you need to generate the revenue you want. I can think of 24,000,000 reasons why you should do it.

fakecd Feb 23, 2020 4:39 pm

irony is had they done this promotion in January takeup would have been much larger i suppose.

Judging by history of 2019 I suspect promotion will be extended. Anacdotally i don't see anybody rushing to book travel (business travel in to/from Asia is practically banned and no clients wants to meet you if you are from Asia anyways) and leisure travel, probably not the best time to travel

Revenge Feb 23, 2020 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by og (Post 32104745)
ACCESS DENIED. Dear QF work experience student (AKA IT person). Please fix your web site so it can handle the traffic you need to generate the revenue you want. I can think of 24,000,000 reasons why you should do it.

Been having so much trouble with the site the last few days. Really bad.

Doddles Feb 23, 2020 11:51 pm

Is anyone able to see this promotion (double status points) on the QANTAS website anywhere? I can't see any reference to it anywhere.

Jacksta Feb 24, 2020 1:51 am

Originally Posted by Doddles (Post 32105761)
Is anyone able to see this promotion (double status points) on the QANTAS website anywhere? I can't see any reference to it anywhere.

try:

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...3Aen%3Aflights

hope it works for you :)

og Feb 24, 2020 2:21 am

Originally Posted by Doddles (Post 32105761)

still there
https://www.qantas.com/au/en.html

nancypants Feb 24, 2020 2:26 am

It’s working well as I’ve just booked my flights on JQ 🤣🤣🤣

Doddles Feb 24, 2020 4:04 am

Thank you!

pbl22 Feb 24, 2020 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Revenge (Post 32105547)
Been having so much trouble with the site the last few days. Really bad.

It's been terrible. I've made several bookings in the past three days, but the number of times I've received "Access Denied" has been ridiculous.

Also, despite four attempts at registering for this promotion, I still haven't received a confirmation email (although each time the registration says something along the lines of "You have now registered... An email has been sent confirming your registration.." I rang up the Service Desk to get a note put on my account that I had registered in case of issues later down the track. They did mention to me they had been having troubles sending out emails to all registrants.

serfty Feb 24, 2020 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by pbl22 (Post 32108602)
It's been terrible. I've made several bookings in the past three days, but the number of times I've received "Access Denied" has been ridiculous.

Also, despite four attempts at registering for this promotion, I still haven't received a confirmation email (although each time the registration says something along the lines of "You have now registered... An email has been sent confirming your registration.." I rang up the Service Desk to get a note put on my account that I had registered in case of issues later down the track. They did mention to me they had been having troubles sending out emails to all registrants.

After not receiving an email conformation after four attempts, I changed my email address on my QFF profile.

I waited a few minutes until I had received acknowledgement of the email change on both old and new email addresses and then registered again. The registration confirmation email was received almost immediately.