Search

Qantas special coronavirus charter

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:54 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by mikalee
2nd QF charter is underway. ETA DRW lunchtime today

Flightaware
some kind of gremlins in the system. The last one showed up on FR24 as going to Darwin and this one is showing up as going to Learmonth

looks like I’ll just miss it either way 🤣

Old Feb 8, 2020, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-...wuhan/11947258
Coronavirus evacuation flight from Wuhan lands in Darwin

Australians who were stranded in the coronavirus epicentre of Wuhan in China have arrived in Darwin.

Key points:
  • · The flight is the third and likely the last to take Australians out of Wuhan
  • · The 266 evacuees will be taken to a disused workers' camp outside of Darwin
  • · Chinese authorities initially declined to issue clearance for the evacuation

Their flight touched down at Darwin's RAAF base shortly before midday local time.

The Australian Border Force said there were 266 evacuees on the flight, including 77 children and 11 infants.

There were also eight students from the Pacific Islands who were allowed to board the flight and land in Darwin on humanitarian grounds, Border Force said
<snip>
Edit
https://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...9188776cd46908

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Feb 8, 2020 at 11:34 pm
Old Feb 9, 2020, 1:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What's with the Chinese authorities initially declining to authorize the evacuation flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.