Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Jetstar JQ 29/30 MEL-BKK-MEL 21/1 Diversion/Delay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jetstar JQ 29/30 MEL-BKK-MEL 21/1 Diversion/Delay

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2020, 4:37 pm

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Originally Posted by og
It's all about communication with the customer (not "guest"). Not one of JQ's strong points. I've also learnt this one.
Indeed it is about communication and in this day and age communication with customers is cheap ad demanded more so than ever.

Contrast the above to my most recent delay with QF domestic;
  1. Flight 1 of two legged journey departs on time.
  2. During taxi technical issue occurs we return to gate, advised verbally to deplane and await further information but expect a delay of 1 hour minimum.
  3. I return to the lounge, app updates about every 10 mins with further short increases in delay.
  4. After about half an hour the system determines I will miss my connection, new schedule presented online for approval with later connection.
  5. After about 40 mins a call for Mr Mikalee is made to come to the lounge service desk, asked if I would like a non stop flight now which I did not book for commercial and SC collection reasons.
  6. New BP presented and I am on my way.
  7. Arrive at destination about 30 minutes after planned itinerary.
  8. Missed SCs and points post to my account automatically about 3 weeks later before I have a chance to follow up.
Some learnings for Jetstar from their cousins. Comms doesn't have to be sophisticated, just timely and accurate even if it is to stay we are still assessing the problem. SMS should be the minimum that mirror flight status website info. They could duplicate with email as well.

In this day and age this can all be done from the Operations Centre, it does not need someone on the tannoy at outstation airport. We all carry a means to receive this information and if we do not we probably should not be travelling on a LCC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.