Community
Wiki Posts
Search

P1 - Worth It???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2019, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
P1 - Worth It???

Now I'm back on the international wagon (big time), decisions, decisions...

I'm doing 6-10 multi-country trips a year, all in J and all starting/ finishing in NTL for bonus SCs.

Plus 4-6 trans-tasman trips in PY or cheap J.

Maybe 20 short domestic trips in whY or J(to PER or CNS only).

So do I...

- Maintain QF WP
- Maintain VA WP
- Obtain *A Gold via NZ

or...

- Go QF P1
- Maintain VA WP

?

All *A flights will be in J anyway - mostly NZ and SQ/ Silk.

Opinions, brains trust???

For redemption, I'm looking mostly at QF International and VA domestic. Not a lot of redemption need on *A carriers.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Caveat on the *A bit - most flights with them will be SIN-DEL return and SIN-(insert Malaysian destination here).

Plus some NZ domestic AKL-NSN.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 5:15 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I’ve only been able to get the exact QF Biz redemptions I wanted by phoning (eg BKK and HKG). I can only assume that P1 has better redemption availability.
shillard likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
@shillard have you looked at BAEC ? (2000+ miles segments are your friend there).
levelnine likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
@shillard have you looked at BAEC ? (2000+ miles segments are your friend there).

Yeah, but...

A) It's a lot of effort to switch - same reason I haven't jumped to AA years ago
B) You never know what's going to happen with alliances in the long run, and I'll always be flying to, from and around Australia
C) From what I understand, not all QF/ OW fare classes credit - or don't credit much?
Old Oct 24, 2019, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Any revenue credits other than E credits - but "not much" for flights under 2000 miles.

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb
Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by shillard
Yeah, but...

A) It's a lot of effort to switch - same reason I haven't jumped to AA years ago
B) You never know what's going to happen with alliances in the long run, and I'll always be flying to, from and around Australia
C) From what I understand, not all QF/ OW fare classes credit - or don't credit much?
There is almost no effort to switch - create an account and put the number in the booking

QF economy earnings may well be low , but then the redemption rates are lower

As far as future goes, there is little reason to build up a huge stack of miles - it is v rare that FF miles increase in value so good to use up - if the partnership ends, can just jump to another scheme
Old Oct 25, 2019, 2:57 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by shillard
Caveat on the *A bit - most flights with them will be SIN-DEL return and SIN-(insert Malaysian destination here).

Plus some NZ domestic AKL-NSN.
Will the AKL-NSN be able to be booked in conjunction with trans-Tasman? If yes then can credit to QF. If no then NZ airpoints is the only programme that will give anything meaningful for these flights.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
QF P1 first
then VA for P
If you will spend >$25k on SQ in J, then
- book SQ in J,
- credit "service" to SQ for PPS (which gets you *G if you become PPS)
- credit "accrual" to VA (where you will get your FF points ... and status credits).
Old Oct 27, 2019, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shuuy
QF P1 first
then VA for P
If you will spend >$25k on SQ in J, then
- book SQ in J,
- credit "service" to SQ for PPS (which gets you *G if you become PPS)
- credit "accrual" to VA (where you will get your FF points ... and status credits).

Thanks, that's probably the best fit so far.

BAEC is tempting (particularly the LT Gold/ Emerald) - but I'm closing on halfway to QF LTP anyway...
shuuy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.