FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Second round of Qantas DSC coming up soon? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1981516-second-round-qantas-dsc-coming-up-soon.html)

nancypants Dec 2, 2019 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by minz56 (Post 31798333)
I just got:

1. A 50% bonus SC offer for travel to early April 2020
2. Birthday offer of triple QF points for travel to 30/3/20

They really do have a wonderful insight into my travel plans as I have no QF trips planned during these periods. The triple points would have been wonderful had it been valid for travel to the end of May!

my birthday offers are for money off wine! Maybe they can read minds after all! No double anything useful though 😉

fakecd Dec 11, 2019 7:38 pm

i just got email of 50% SC bonus for booking over next 1wk, but booking period to 10Apr2020

This is second 50% SC received in 3 months or so, both of which I have ignored.
  1. flight period just prior to Easter in 2020 :rolleyes:
  2. 50% SC? take that up your own closet. Give me DSC if you want me to fly J fare for a flight I don't need to take. :D

PLEASEupradeME Dec 16, 2019 4:23 am

A week ago I received my first ever 50% bonus SC ina weird format.

The Subject of the email was "Fly to Sydney, get 50% more Status Credits."

It read as follows :

Dear Name,

There's never been a better time to book with Qantas. For a limited time, you'll be rewarded with 50% more Status Credits on eligible flights with a QF flight number on your ticket.*

You can enjoy this offer on an unlimited number of flights booked in the next 7 days so it's a great way to help get your Status Credits balance soaring.

Simply register and make a new booking between 9 December 2019 and 15 December 2019 for travel from 9 December 2019 to 7 April 2020. And don't forget to include your Frequent Flyer membership number in your booking.

I booked a sale J fare SYD-AKL return and MEL-SYD return for dates included. I doubt I will get 50% more on the sale J fare (extra 80 SC's) as it was part of the 12 days of Christmas sale. Also, I did not receive a confirmation email from QF confirming my registration for the promotion. Furthermore, the URL of the booking page seemed a bit strange as it had jul-2014 in the URL...

Did anyone notice the jul-2014 in the URL?

Anyway.... Maybe this is normal, it was the first targetted BSC promotion that I had received and used... (needed to travel to AKL and SYD on those dates anyway!)

sxc Dec 16, 2019 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by PLEASEupradeME (Post 31844557)
A week ago I received my first ever 50% bonus SC ina weird format.

The Subject of the email was "Fly to Sydney, get 50% more Status Credits."

It read as follows :

Dear Name,

There's never been a better time to book with Qantas. For a limited time, you'll be rewarded with 50% more Status Credits on eligible flights with a QF flight number on your ticket.*

You can enjoy this offer on an unlimited number of flights booked in the next 7 days so it's a great way to help get your Status Credits balance soaring.

Simply register and make a new booking between 9 December 2019 and 15 December 2019 for travel from 9 December 2019 to 7 April 2020. And don't forget to include your Frequent Flyer membership number in your booking.

I booked a sale J fare SYD-AKL return and MEL-SYD return for dates included. I doubt I will get 50% more on the sale J fare (extra 80 SC's) as it was part of the 12 days of Christmas sale. Also, I did not receive a confirmation email from QF confirming my registration for the promotion. Furthermore, the URL of the booking page seemed a bit strange as it had jul-2014 in the URL...

What makes you think you wouldn't get the bonus on the sale fares? As long as your booking matches the T&C, you should get the bonus, and I don't think T&C have been specific about requiring you to book a particular fare type in the past.

og Dec 16, 2019 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 31847611)
What makes you think you wouldn't get the bonus on the sale fares? As long as your booking matches the T&C, you should get the bonus, and I don't think T&C have been specific about requiring you to book a particular fare type in the past.

A DSC flight earlier this year was booked into I class and paid SCs exactly as expected (ie DSC). Of course this was a QF code on QF metal. I can see a problem if it’s QF code on someone else’s metal ( eg QF code TransTasman on EK metal ).

Jacksta Feb 19, 2020 9:06 pm

Finally out !! New round of DSC now!For a limited time you can fly higher with double Status Credits on eligible Qantas operated flights worldwide*. Whether you take off to Cairns, Singapore, San Francisco or beyond, you’ll be rewarded with double Status Credits on every Qantas operated flight with a QF flight number.

With no limit to the number of eligible flights you can book, it's a great way to maintain your current tier or reach your next tier sooner.

How to get your Status Credits soaring
  1. Simply login below and register for this offer by 11.59pm (AEDT) 25 February 2020 (all passengers in each booking must register separately to earn double Status Credits).
  2. Make a new booking between 20-25 February 2020 for travel between 28 February 2020 and 14 February 2021 on any Qantas operated flight with a QF flight number*.
  3. Ensure your Qantas Frequent Flyer number is included in your booking.
Bonus Status Credits will be credited to your account up to six weeks after travel.

Hurry, offer ends 11.59pm (AEDT) 25 February 2020.

mikalee Feb 19, 2020 9:09 pm

Great News.

I am yet to receive but I imagine a QFF mailout takes hours to distribute.

Perhaps part of the Coronavirus stimulation to keep bookings up.

Hopefully it arrives as I have a fair bit of travel to arrange.

Jacksta Feb 19, 2020 9:22 pm

You can also sign up via the website - sign in and click the banner on the main landing page :)

serfty Feb 19, 2020 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by mikalee (Post 32092071)
Great News.

I am yet to receive but I imagine a QFF mailout takes hours to distribute.

Perhaps part of the Coronavirus stimulation to keep bookings up.

Hopefully it arrives as I have a fair bit of travel to arrange.

It's on www.qantas.com to sign up.

It was actually announced as an attempt to stimulate sales today:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qant...-capacity.html

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/me...o-coronavirus/

shillard Feb 20, 2020 5:06 am

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 32092158)
It's on www.qantas.com to sign up.

I'm on the website... but I ain't seeing it...

Jacksta Feb 20, 2020 6:03 am

Originally Posted by shillard (Post 32092875)

try - https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...3Aen%3Aflights

Hope it works for you :)

serfty Feb 20, 2020 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by shillard (Post 32092875)

Try CTRL-F5 to refresh your cache.

It is one of three promos being shown on a rotating basis.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d0fc7d3e67.png

MKBshaw Feb 20, 2020 3:38 pm

Anyone know of any good business class earners for someone positioned in Asia? The old CMB-AKL fare seems dead now.

minz56 Feb 20, 2020 5:08 pm

Excellent timing! I am just about to book an AKL/LAX one way ticket at the special Business Sale fares currently on offer and that combined with an AKL/DPS will get me back to Gold in no time. After that I will be looking for double points offers.

Jacksta Feb 20, 2020 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by MKBshaw (Post 32094946)
Anyone know of any good business class earners for someone positioned in Asia? The old CMB-AKL fare seems dead now.

If you fly CGK or DPS - MLB via SYD in Business it is 320 status credits but 640 when DSC - can usually get for 25 - 27, 000, 000 IDR which depending in the exchange rate is somewhere between AUD$2600 - 2900 or USD 1900-2000