FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Second round of Qantas DSC coming up soon? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1981516-second-round-qantas-dsc-coming-up-soon.html)

Jimmie Jet Oct 7, 2019 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by mikalee (Post 31600999)
I’m still holding out so hopefully you will trigger it now. 😀

guaranteed, I should get it today as I booked the ticket!!!! grrrrrrrr

NZbutterfly Oct 11, 2019 11:16 am

Just a gut feeling but I’m not expecting anymore general DSC offers :(

fakecd Oct 11, 2019 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly (Post 31617568)
Just a gut feeling but I’m not expecting anymore general DSC offers :(

yeah instead i see a lot of "sales" marketing recently

but keeping fingers crossed

og Oct 11, 2019 9:05 pm

Try to think of it from QF’s point of view. “Get ‘em hooked on status with some easy dealing, then withdraw the discounts so they stay buying the product since they are hooked”.

fakecd Oct 12, 2019 6:16 am

in all fairness QF could offer DSC only for ticket PEY above, or could even restrict it to business fares above. Reality is premium cabin is a cash cow anyways and really I would only book premium travel during DSC. Economy tickets are just sold to pay for cost of operation but profit really comes from those cabin, thus DSC to sweeten to encourage take up premium cabin is win-win. Qantas you reading this? Try it out!

og Oct 16, 2019 8:58 pm

QF have offered me a targeted 50% SC bonus for Oz - LHR flights. Too late - I’ve already booked cheaper with someone else.

edit: I have not previously checked these flights on the QF web site.

nancypants Oct 17, 2019 3:35 am

Originally Posted by og (Post 31636677)
QF have offered me a targeted 50% SC bonus for Oz - LHR flights. Too late - I’ve already booked cheaper with someone else.

edit: I have not previously checked these flights on the QF web site.

I have this also. No plans whatsoever for another London trip before the end of the year. I have however been searching for a long weekend in Hong Kong which apparently they’re struggling to sell seats on. Business intelligence fail 😉

levelnine Oct 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Even worse, the Qantas 50% London offer is only on premium cabins.

On Qantas, PE from Aus to LHR is $5.5 - 6K at a minimum. For that price, you can often obtain a full business class trip on Cathay or Finnair.

What a terrible offer.

fakecd Oct 17, 2019 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by levelnine (Post 31639629)
Even worse, the Qantas 50% London offer is only on premium cabins.

On Qantas, PE from Aus to LHR is $5.5 - 6K at a minimum. For that price, you can often obtain a full business class trip on Cathay or Finnair.

What a terrible offer.

those donkey are trying to get away with less offering.... if they see similar uptick in booking uptick as they would with double DSC why shoud they offer again?

i would stick to my guns and speak with my money that i refuse to book with them unless they offer something that is not degrading like this.

mikalee Oct 17, 2019 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by fakecd (Post 31639763)
those donkey are trying to get away with less offering.... if they see similar uptick in booking uptick as they would with double DSC why shoud they offer again?

i would stick to my guns and speak with my money that i refuse to book with them unless they offer something that is not degrading like this.

Surely you only ever by a product or service because you want it and you see it satisfies a need, not because of some glossed up promo or advertising.

If I buy a ticket on a plane it is because I want to get from A to B or receive some other service or benefit that I value and this benefit exceeds the cost of the airline ticket. For another person they may have a lower or higher threshold of value than I.

shillard Oct 17, 2019 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by mikalee (Post 31639773)
Surely you only ever by a product or service because you want it and you see it satisfies a need, not because of some glossed up promo or advertising.

If I buy a ticket on a plane it is because I want to get from A to B or receive some other service or benefit that I value and this benefit exceeds the cost of the airline ticket. For another person they may have a lower or higher threshold of value than I.

You may need a plane from A to B, but WHICH plane comes down to the value proposition.

mikalee Oct 17, 2019 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by shillard (Post 31640345)
You may need a plane from A to B, but WHICH plane comes down to the value proposition.

That is exactly correct. I might value what the donkeys are promoting, others may not. I might value a generous baggage allowance and be prepared to keep status with one airline while others may not.

nancypants Oct 27, 2019 8:00 pm

Email today offering 50% bonus SCs to TYO. Which I have been searching for but not within the (extremely narrow) window the offer extends to

(I was wanting to go for a festival so not like “planning a Tokyo trip but flexible on dates”)

perthite Oct 27, 2019 8:27 pm

There's been some targetted DSC offers out today as well. Nothing for me....

fakecd Oct 28, 2019 5:19 am

maybe there.is too much top tier members now

QF2 last weekend apparently had an announcement influght saying they set a record with 86 chairmans + P1 on board. source: friend who flew on it