FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Second round of Qantas DSC coming up soon? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1981516-second-round-qantas-dsc-coming-up-soon.html)

Metropolitan Airlines Aug 4, 2019 4:04 am

Second round of Qantas DSC coming up soon?

The previous round of DSC, which was on Feb 2019, is for travel valid until 31st of August only.

Considering this also last year the DSC was on August again as well, should we expect a secound round of DSC from Qantas coming up sometime this week or later this month?

I am holding off my booking to HKG for this and hopefully it will allow me to book my trip in December and the rest of summer soon.

JetAway Aug 4, 2019 5:55 am

What is Qantas DSC?

freed0m Aug 4, 2019 6:30 am

Double Status Credit, I guess.

Lexolot Aug 5, 2019 9:05 am

Any Intel on next DSC promo?

Don't know if anyone has any intel/ or know someone who works in QF marketing. Any rumour when the next DSC is?

Thanks all!

nancypants Aug 5, 2019 11:25 am

I had an email for double points (not SC) today

they seem to be much more targeted than previously though- I had a couple late last year double SC on specific routes or “international” (vs domestic), the one today was double points (not SCs) on flights to asia

so I feel like one is coming but it might be narrower in scope than usual

DownUnderFlyer Aug 5, 2019 12:45 pm

[mod hat] I have moved two threads about the same topic into one. [/mod hat]

minz56 Aug 5, 2019 5:23 pm

I had a targeted 50% extra SC's email last week. It was for travel up to the end of November. However I have seen this before, so the receipt of this offer doesn't preclude a DSC offer for everyone sometime soon.

Hvr Aug 5, 2019 8:01 pm

I also had a targetted 50% bonus SC offer after I looked at reward flights using my points.

Unfortunately I had to wait until I got my new roster and organised a week off without using leave. Then I booked my flights.

Now they're booked a DSC offer will appear. Not that I need it because my flights in September will give me enough SCs to retain WP for the membership year.

Beano Aug 5, 2019 8:40 pm

Bonus status points

Are the people targeted Australia based ?

minz56 Aug 5, 2019 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Beano (Post 31383734)
Are the people targeted Australia based ?

I was targeted and am in New Zealand. The 50% bonus was no use to me - I am waiting for 100%!

Last year they did DSC promos in August and October, but that doesn't imply they will do the same again this year.

DML Aug 6, 2019 12:13 am

I am increasing doubtful that we will see DSC offers like we used to. They seem to be targeting specific people and/or routes these days. I hope I am wrong though as I have lots of bookings pending. I do wonder what the effect has been on lounge useage etc. Must be a lot more folk out there with status as a result

og Aug 6, 2019 12:47 am

Originally Posted by DML (Post 31384120)
I am increasing doubtful that we will see DSC offers like we used to. They seem to be targeting specific people and/or routes these days. I hope I am wrong though as I have lots of bookings pending. I do wonder what the effect has been on lounge useage etc. Must be a lot more folk out there with status as a result

If QF is good (behind the scenes), they’ll be looking at people who jumped up a status level (or got it first time) by using DSCs and then kept it through flights or onward bookings. That’d tell ‘em how effective DSC campaigns are for revenue.

Beano Aug 7, 2019 9:02 am

Originally Posted by minz56 (Post 31383861)
I was targeted and am in New Zealand. The 50% bonus was no use to me - I am waiting for 100%!

Last year they did DSC promos in August and October, but that doesn't imply they will do the same again this year.

Were you looking online or had bookings in the system ? (Trying to find out how to get targeted)

minz56 Aug 7, 2019 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Beano (Post 31389712)
Were you looking online or had bookings in the system ? (Trying to find out how to get targeted)

I have no forward bookings at the moment.

However I have a couple of trips I am waiting to book so have been checking fares regularly. Perhaps there is a link?

fakecd Aug 13, 2019 4:14 pm

for what its worth QF has done back to back sales recently to every destination in a staggered arrangement. with latest email today saying Pacific/NZ on sale.

in lead up to prior DSC we have seen similar skirmishes of back to back sales of some sort... so i suspect the new DSC comes once this sale is over towards latter part of Aug, which is consistent with timing if last year. i am adament that qF marketing is "lets try to sell as much via Sales, and when all that fails launch DSC"

strategy is book a refundable J for now and see how it pans out next 2wks. at least you have seat secured if travel is a must, but refund it and buy new one after DSC. also avoid booking on first day of DSC-the travels.booked on first day before UK clock changed never posted and.had to chase QF down for it with many emails.