Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Can I miss a leg and con't with rest of trip?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I miss a leg and con't with rest of trip?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
my guees is ur agent simply cancelled SYD-BNE with little experience and being ignorant to say the least. having valid ticket and cancelling a segment of reservation is entirely different matter. Some QF agent are clueless.

i would definitely call back to check if your booking/ticket is in order. you can fly HKG/SYD no problem but with not records of SYD-OOL/BNE flown, your third segment BnE-HKG coupon will not be able to be used.

if i am wrong and i works, it means use your tactic and do all sorts of arbitrage. (for example book hkg-akl fare on sale cheaper than hkg-syd, and just "drop" Tasman leg)
Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I think that the point is that cancelling the reservation for travel on a specific flight does not mean that the underlying ticketed itinerary has changed. Has the ticket been reissued such that the ticketed journey no longer has a SYD-BNEsector in it

If the sector to BNE is still in the itinerary, he may not be able to fly bne to hkg until either (a) that sector is flown or (b) that the ticket is reissued to not have the sector in it - this would still incur fees
I corrected my post above so BNE replaces OOL.

it doesn't sound like the eticket has been reissued otherwise there would definitely have been some kind of service fee involved.

Maybe the OP can have a look on the QF website or Check My Trip to view flights & ticket number.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Originally Posted by jcjchung
Qantas was then able to cancel the SYD-BNE without any fees!!!!! They took a telephone recording that we would like to forfeit that flight.
I think you should have taken the recording with the necessary disclosures. You might need it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.