Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas or Flying Blue?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Qantas or Flying Blue?

I'm closing down a credit card and I have a lot of points.
Qantas and Flying Blue are the only frequent flyer programs on their list that I am a member of. I am also a member of British Airways ff program that links in some way to Qantas, I believe.
If I want to buy a business class ticket to Tokyo from London with miles, which of the two should I transfer the miles to?

Thanks
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EmilyMa Welcome to FT

Originally Posted by EmilyMa
I'm closing down a credit card and I have a lot of points.
Qantas and Flying Blue are the only frequent flyer programs on their list that I am a member of. I am also a member of British Airways ff program that links in some way to Qantas, I believe.
If I want to buy a business class ticket to Tokyo from London with miles, which of the two should I transfer the miles to?
Long haul business class awards can be hard to get.

QF & BA are both in the oneworld alliance and frequent flyer partners. So you can earn & burn with each other subject to eligible flights / award availability. But ff points/avios cannot be transferred one to other.

You could join another ffp, but having multiple ffp's,with small balances, is not a good idea for many people. Having ffp's in different alliances works for many people.

How many ff miles do you have in QF, BA & FB? When do they expire (if not taking an activity to keep them alive)?
Be mindful of expiry Miles/Points that Do and Don't Expire. Click to open the wiki.

A very general guide to award cost. Check the ffp web sites for details. Note BA & QF have award cash surcharges on many flights
Link---->https://www.awardhacker.com/#f=LHR&f...=0&c=j&s=1&p=0
EmilyMa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.