Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF16 diverted (dep 19 Oct)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

QF16 diverted (dep 19 Oct)

In what I am guessing was a medical diversion QF16 LAX-BNE (departed LAX Friday Oct 19) made a 90 degree left turn and diverted to Apia, Samoa.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aspen
In what I am guessing was a medical diversion QF16 LAX-BNE (departed LAX Friday Oct 19) made a 90 degree left turn and diverted to Apia, Samoa.
Nothing on QFsource yet
QANTAS B787-9 VH-ZNF QF16 Apia Diversion. | The QANTAS Source

But has left APW - landed at BNE
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...700Z/NSFA/YBBN
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:23 am

Hmmm unless I’d stopped breathing or my heart had stopped eating I’d rather push in to AKL. The food in Samoa is bad enough, let alone the hospital food
nancypants likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aus380
Hmmm unless I’d stopped breathing or my heart had stopped eating I’d rather push in to AKL.
The point of diversion to AKL only looked a tiny bit closer than BNE. I thought it was interesting because I do not remember any US West Coast to Australia flights being diverted to Apia.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:29 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by Aus380
Hmmm unless I’d stopped breathing or my heart had stopped eating I’d rather push in to AKL. The food in Samoa is bad enough, let alone the hospital food
having been involved a lot in medical training in the pacific, my eyebrows were raised as well

(the staff have wonderful skills and mean well, but the resources are just not there in the majority of cases)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.