Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Booking Spa Treatments at SYD F Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:09 am
THR
Original Poster

Hi all,

Didn't want to start a whole new thread and couldn't find a general Sydney F lounge thread, so thought I would ask here.

We are booked in QF F over Christmas, redeeming via AA points. Our flight (QF127) leaves at 9.30. Questions:
1) Will we be given 'priority', as we are booked on QF, for spa treatment? (Even if booked via AA.)
2) Given early departure, is it feasible at least one of us (travelling as a couple) could schedule in at 8.30am (which I understand is opening time)?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:12 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by THR
Hi all,

Didn't want to start a whole new thread and couldn't find a general Sydney F lounge thread, so thought I would ask here.

We are booked in QF F over Christmas, redeeming via AA points. Our flight (QF127) leaves at 9.30. Questions:
1) Will we be given 'priority', as we are booked on QF, for spa treatment? (Even if booked via AA.)
2) Given early departure, is it feasible at least one of us (travelling as a couple) could schedule in at 8.30am (which I understand is opening time)?
I have the same concern for that flight. I’ll ask a friend who is a F host if they will open the spa earlier.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:18 am
THR
Original Poster

That would be great - interested to hear
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
There is one thing that can solve a lot, that is spending money.
Think about it, QF did say that they were going to do some works on a lot of their lounges this year, and I don't think that there were any major works done to the QFi SYD F lounge since it opened.
Maybe after the major works or refresh are done, the QFi SYD F lounge would look better, but then, if QF won't pay, it would be more or less the same down the track.
Can't blame Sofitel, blame QF for not investing money till now to do major works to the lounge.
The space is also quite constrained, the only way is up, if SYD airport approves building upwards, then the QFi SYD J and F lounge can be improved a lot, if they would spend money, both in the major works stage, but also in the ongoing stages, staff training, good toilet paper, good turnover of curtlery, etc.
Imagine this, a soup spoon or dinner spoon that is dull, and you just know, its been used a million times before, but if you see a shiny spoon, you know that there is a standard being kept.
Or dishes that have got knife marks on it, ...
They need to spend a lot of money in ongoing maintenance.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:41 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
8:30 spa treatment would finish by 9 which is just enough for F boarding of 9:30 flight, at least for CL/P1 pax. They should be able to do that for you The fact it is an AA issued award is irrelevant to F service level, fwiw.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:57 am
THR
Original Poster

Great, thanks for the info! I will try and book us in for that then (hopefully they call the day prior). While I would like one too, so long as my partner gets in, we'll both be happy
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:07 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by THR
Hi all,

Currently the Spa opens at 07:30. Advised it can be 07:30 or 08:00 depending on flights and loads.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:40 pm
THR
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m0hamed

Currently the Spa opens at 07:30. Advised it can be 07:30 or 08:00 depending on flights and loads.
Thanks for that! I must have been reading some old information. So it seems like we should have time with the earlier opening hours.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by THR
Thanks for that! I must have been reading some old information. So it seems like we should have time with the earlier opening hours.
They’ll call the day before. Make sure you log into QF MMB and that your contact details are correct.

If they don’t (there’s mixed reports about whether they call international numbers) then call QF in the afternoon.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:55 am
THR
Original Poster

Thanks... I'm local in Sydney, so they should. Will ensure numbers are up to date, and will call otherwise
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:34 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz

I have the same concern for that flight. I’ll ask a friend who is a F host if they will open the spa earlier.
Speaking of spa, can you schedule a massage in advance?

Not sure if the QF lounge is like this, but when I visited the CX Pier F lounge at HKG, they were booked up well beyond when my next flight was leaving.

I'm booked in F on the SYD-DFW flight in a few weeks. It leaves SYD at 1:35pm. I'm thinking we should be at SYD around 11 to 11:30am to allow plenty of time to check-in...and hopefully some time in the F lounge.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm
Speaking of spa, can you schedule a massage in advance?

Not sure if the QF lounge is like this, but when I visited the CX Pier F lounge at HKG, they were booked up well beyond when my next flight was leaving.

I'm booked in F on the SYD-DFW flight in a few weeks. It leaves SYD at 1:35pm. I'm thinking we should be at SYD around 11 to 11:30am to allow plenty of time to check-in...and hopefully some time in the F lounge.
Only when they call you the day prior and only for QF F pax.
aztimm likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:16 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[/mod hat] While the OP said he didn't want to open a new thread I think this discussion deserves some room on its own. I have therefore moved these posts from the SYD F lounge loosing its gloss thread. [/mod hat]
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:00 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Only when they call you the day prior and only for QF F pax.
Spot on and 2 nuances to this: 1. you must be reachable at the phone number in your booking 2.They only call QF F pax, and that excludes F pax flying on codeshare.

If you don't have a booking in advance, you do get priority on the wait list if in F, poor chances at SYD but MEL spa is often not busy (compared to SYD) so there is some chance clearing the wait list. Also the MEL spa treatments are better quality (maybe therapists are less stressed ). Spa is a great benefit as it is high quality treatment which would cost $60 or more otherwise.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:57 pm

I could not find SYD F lounge access related thread so I am asking the experts here.
I am planning a trip SYD-MEL-SIN. SYD-MEL is in business class and MEL-SIN is QF F. All on the same day. Do I get to use SYD Qantas F lounge?

Qantas website states: Next onward flight that day must be a Qantas marketed flight (QF flight number).

My MEL-SIN is QF First class and SYD-MEL and MEL-SIN are on the same day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.