Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas Mall - Points Posting Date Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

My Qantas points are due to expire on Oct 30 due to no activity in the last 18 months. I made a purchase through the Qantas Mall (Ebay) on Sept 22 and it does appear in my shopping history on Qantas.com with the date Sept. 22 but with status "pending". It appears that Ebay
purchases can take up to 90 days to post (the points only post after the return period has expired). When the points do post, will the date be Sept. 22 (the actual purchase date, which will save my account) or the current date when the points finally post? I have emailed this question (with all the details listed above) twice to Qantas. The response to the first email was from an agent who clearly "skimmed" my email, misunderstood the question and was eager to send a "canned answer" (which did not answer the question) to close the case. I have not received a response to my second email (sent over 2 weeks ago).
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you emailing Qantas Frequent Flyer <[email protected]> ?

Points from https://www.redplanetportal.com.au/ post in 24~48hrs, but being in USA you would need to check if you are eligible.
Qantas Airways Limited trading as Red Planet, a division of Qantas Loyalty (Red Planet) follows the guidelines prescribed by the Australian Market & Social Research Society’s Code of Professional Behaviour and the Market & Social Research Privacy Principles.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: QF
This is what appeared on my account
Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:01 am
sio

Mine have all appeared as the date the points were posted to my account, and in the description is the actual purchase date. I find ebay usually takes closer to the 90 days to transfer over - I think you're at risk of losing your points you could maybe try Red Planet Research as suggested, or Qantas Wine, these transfer over quite quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.