Wiki Posts
Search

Shanghai 36 Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP LTG PC+,OW Emerald
Shanghai 36 Lounge

I have been somewhat of a vocal critic regarding the QF move from T2 to T1 at PVG and the loss of reasonable lounge (CX hybrid J and F). And with the MU lounge available at the time or the crowded early closing JL lounge I feel entirely justified.

I flew through PVG recently and got a lounge invite to Lounge 36 at check in. It was for 1st Class side. Flying J as OWE on QF130

When I found the lounge (it is actuall very close to security entry - but if you go past it to near the gates it is hard to find it through limited signage) I was ushered to the J side. I said I think she made a mistake and she checked the invite and I got ushered to F.

It was a reasonable lounge. Some reasonable food - very quiet - which is rare for an airport lounge in China where they like to make ridiculously long and over repeated boarding announcements at full volume.

Comfortable and heaps of space - the F section alone would be as big as the T2 CX lounge. And just before my flight only about 12 people.

This is a step in the right direction.

As to T1 being easier to txfer to from MU domestic flights - well as posted elsewhere that would require MU being able to check you in for connecting QF flights at your point of origin. Maybe QF can fix that too!
serfty likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:18 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The new MU lounge is also a big improvement on the (multiple) old MU lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.