Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

BNE to AKL and back same day as a status run

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BNE to AKL and back same day as a status run

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
It does apply!

I have used the EK lounge at AKL many time when travelling QF*QF.
I must be doing something wrong. Everyone in my family has tried once (on separate occasions) and been knocked back each time.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Perhaps they are Qantas Club members? The EK-QF lounge arrangement does not apply to purely Qantas Club members, except at DXB when QF metal used to fly to DXB.
Also of course when EK used to run 3 A380 departures ex-AKL within an hour of each other, their lounge at AKL can reach full capacity, so capacity constrains can still apply.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by Top of climb
I must be doing something wrong. Everyone in my family has tried once (on separate occasions) and been knocked back each time.
It has always worked without issue for me.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by igel
Perhaps they are Qantas Club members? The EK-QF lounge arrangement does not apply to purely Qantas Club members, except at DXB when QF metal used to fly to DXB.
Also of course when EK used to run 3 A380 departures ex-AKL within an hour of each other, their lounge at AKL can reach full capacity, so capacity constrains can still apply.
Nope, flying Business and (not that it should matter) even QF Gold at the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.