QF 9 Arrival Experiences

Reply

Old Jun 1, 18, 6:35 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Perth Australia
Programs: QF WP & Life Gold, Accor Gold, HH Gold
Posts: 35
QF 9 Arrival Experiences

Hi All,
I have my first QF9 flight coming up in a couple of weeks and have a couple of questions for those who have gone before me on the arrivals side of things at LHR.
WP flying J on a AU Passport arriving in on a Sunday
All good on the hard product as have done a couple of MEL - LAX on the 787 so me questions are directed at the arrivals.

How busy is LHR arrivals on a Sunday morning at the expected 05:05 arrival time?
Is there a express path for WP's in J and if so is it worth it?

I understand these are loaded questions with lots of variables but happy to take on other pax's experiences.

Thanks in advance D
KTA Return is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 18, 6:46 pm
  #2  
Moderator, Hilton Honors
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: hopefully travelling
Programs: up in the air
Posts: 70,448
Originally Posted by KTA Return View Post
How busy is LHR arrivals on a Sunday morning at the expected 05:05 arrival time?
Is there a express path for WP's in J and if so is it worth it?
Not very busy if on time as it is one of the very first flights to land after LHR curfew. If running late, then will be busy.

Onboard you should be handed LHR fast-track card before arrival. Useful if not eligible to use the UK/EU gates at busy periods. If on time (when immigration won't be busy) there is no saving.
Kiwi Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 18, 2:50 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Posts: 3,632
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer View Post
Not very busy if on time as it is one of the very first flights to land after LHR curfew. If running late, then will be busy.

Onboard you should be handed LHR fast-track card before arrival. Useful if not eligible to use the UK/EU gates at busy periods. If on time (when immigration won't be busy) there is no saving.
Last time I arrived at LHR, the normal processing was significantly faster than the "fast-track"... Having said that, I arrived during extremely busy period...
vbroucek is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 18, 5:46 am
  #4  
Moderator, Hilton Honors
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: hopefully travelling
Programs: up in the air
Posts: 70,448
Originally Posted by vbroucek View Post
Last time I arrived at LHR, the normal processing was significantly faster than the "fast-track"... Having said that, I arrived during extremely busy period...
I've also sometimes experienced this. Ratio of officers on slow track to fast track exceeding the ratio of passengers.
Kiwi Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 18, 1:35 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Programs: HH Diamond, Qantas Platinum One and LTG
Posts: 42
Originally Posted by vbroucek View Post
Last time I arrived at LHR, the normal processing was significantly faster than the "fast-track"...
I've seen that multiple times over in T5.
GoldCanyon340 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: