Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF Domestic lounges - using on arrival.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF Domestic lounges - using on arrival.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Thanks again for coming back again, Mwenenzi.

Yes, I am well aware that lounges are (for the most part) for departing passengers. However, I point you to the real-world experience of bananahead, which you appear (?) to have ignored. As referenced in my earlier post, bananahead was clearly able to make use of the QF lounge after arrival at SYD - and with no mention whatever to lounge personnel of his/her onward flight with OW carrier MH :

I had absolutely no problem using the lounge on arrival “

All that said, I will give it a go, as you suggest. And no problem at all if I am sent packing to T1 ......
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by serfty
.Note that I have used the Domestic Qantas Business lounges in MEL/SYD/BNE many times before an international flight.
bananahead had a later OW departure & status.
At times the boarding passes are not carefully checked at QF lounges.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:38 am

QF provides east coast lounge access for J pax arriving on the the red-eyes from Perth, regardless of status or connections, It doesn't apply in the other direction.
You'll still get in though because for OWE:

​​​​​Next onward flight that day must be on a oneworld operated and marketed flight.#

​​​​​​https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...egory=qcLounge
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:44 am

@ DH188 - thanks for clarification 👍
​​​​​​​
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
You will not have arrival lounge access. ...
Qantas provides both Departures and Arrivals lounge access for Business Class passengers on their coast to coast services..

[edit]
I see this answer has been clarified by @DH188
[/edit]
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Other than that terminals should not matter.

Since departing PER in Business on *O, any open business *O lounge at PER, irrespective of terminal should be available to @subject2load before their flight.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:12 pm

Thanks serfty for the further clarification ^

What made me sceptical as to the accuracy of the initial response by Mwenenzi was not so much his assertion (given confidently, though misleadingly) that “You will not have arrival lounge access” - but his additional comment that “Lounges are for departures” - which rather missed the substance of my enquiry !

Last edited by subject2load; Apr 4, 2018 at 6:17 pm
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by subject2load
What made me sceptical as to the accuracy of the initial response by Mwenenzi was not so much his assertion (given confidently, though misleadingly) that “You will not have arrival lounge access” - but his additional comment that “Lounges are for departures” - which rather missed the substance of my enquiry !
I believe @Mwenenzi was trying making it clear your access would be on a departures basis.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
I believe @Mwenenzi was trying making it clear your access would be on a departures basis.
Yes, maybe so. And of course, it’s good to get responses to an enquiry, either way.

That said, it was the info in your post, - and that of DH188 - which ultimately helped clarify things for me.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Question Departing Perth to MEL then MEL to WLG all in Y class, I have OW Emerald, I know I can use the MEL lounge but was unsure about PER?
Old May 2, 2018, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Taipei
Question Departing Perth to MEL then MEL to WLG all in Y class, I have OW Emerald, I know I can use the MEL lounge but was unsure about PER?
If all flights are on QF you will have QF lounge access (for departures) based on your OWE status.
Old May 3, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Thanks, yes all flights on QF! Just was not sure as OneWorld web site said no Business Lounge access on Domestic QF.
Old May 3, 2018, 12:42 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Thanks, yes all flights on QF! Just was not sure as OneWorld web site said no Business Lounge access on Domestic QF.
You can visit the domestic Qantas Club. The Business Lounge is separate.
Old May 3, 2018, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
You can visit the domestic Qantas Club. The Business Lounge is separate.
Why can't a oneworld Emerald flying a QF domestic flight from PER to MEL use the Domestic Business Lounge?

The QF page suggests that they can: https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...unge/global/en
Old May 3, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
OWE can access PER Dom J lounge prior to departure regardless of cabin.

Hell, even from previous experience - I've had NO problems accessing QF Dom J lounge in PER after arriving off a DOM QF Y flight (even though It's only meant to be for QF WP and above and NOT OWE).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.