Wiki Posts
Search

SYD-AKL upgrades to A332 services

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by astonmartinv8
Was booked in F QF redemption on EK in early August SYD-AKL-DXB-LHR. Now it seems to be changed, with no notification. Somewhat disappointed at losing an EK F sector and replacing with QF J. We had booked a car from home to SYD as EK allow this. Should we get any miles back and a replacement car or are QF allowed to downgrade a partner booking without compensation?
QF have a policy of freely rebooking revenue First fares via MEL/BNE as long as there's an F seat, however that does not apply to awards.

They'll only allow via MEL/BNE if First award space exists, but will rebook in J at no charge between syd and akl.

Chauffeur connect extends to Business class, so that should not change.

https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...erms/global/en
Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Before the introduction of the A332 NZ offers 264 additional premium class seats over Qantas. What matters is they cover the morning / afternoon peaks with 3 Class aircraft, then 1 class aircraft in the off-peak. There would be very little business demand for an midday AKL-SYD.
I disagree that just those few flights does everything and that they cover the peak period. I recently travelled AKL-SYD and NZ only offered economy only flights when I needed to travel

Travelling back on a friday, the last NZ flight with business class is at 16:05
Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: NZ/QF/BA
Interesting to note that dummy bookings on Qantas' website says some (but not all) of the A330 flights are operated by Jetconnect. Am I safe in assuming this is in error? I presume they've forgotten to update the operating airline details for some of their flights.

Wouldn't be surprised if they're using Jetconnect cabin crew though.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SG Solitaire PPS, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by serfty
QF have a policy of freely rebooking revenue First fares via MEL/BNE as long as there's an F seat, however that does not apply to awards.

They'll only allow via MEL/BNE if First award space exists, but will rebook in J at no charge between syd and akl.

Chauffeur connect extends to Business class, so that should not change.

https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...erms/global/en
They booked us SYD-MEL-AKL-DXB-LHR. SYD-MEL in J, then the rest in F, all EK, all miles. Very happy with that.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
(Quote):
Interesting to note that dummy bookings on Qantas' website says some (but not all) of the A330 flights are operated by Jetconnect. Am I safe in assuming this is in error? I presume they've forgotten to update the operating airline details for some of their flights.

(Unquote)

The smaller QF red tail planes plying Au and NZ are still Jetconnect.
The wide bodies might be QF with its VH rego, but the small 737s that ply will still be ZK (Jetconnect).
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by AustralianPoochie
The smaller QF red tail planes plying Au and NZ are still Jetconnect.
The wide bodies might be QF with its VH rego, but the small 737s that ply will still be ZK (Jetconnect).
Not necessarily, Qantas mainline aircraft do operate some trans-Tasman flights.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by KiwiSurfer

Unless there looking to transfer the 2 un-refitted 332s to JetConnect?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Unless there looking to transfer the 2 un-refitted 332s to JetConnect?
Are teh A332 using the flight numbers which JetConnect currently run? Is it just in the booking system that the range of numbers is just mapped to JetConnect?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
Check and see, the Jetconnect services are above QF15x I think, and the 332 are QF14x.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.