Wiki Posts
Search

QF134 CHC to BNE Time Change

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2016, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Million Miler, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Global Entry
QF134 CHC to BNE Time Change

I just noticed my Dec 11 reservation from CHC to BNE on QF134 changed from leaving at 3:55 pm to leaving at 6:15 am.

I just happened to notice this in my reservation but I got no notice from either AA (where I booked the reservation) or Qantas (the carrier). Is this unusual?

It turns out this allows me to catch the BNE to LAX flight on the same day so I changed my flight from Dec 11 to Dec 12 but I am concerned there will be other changes no one will communicate to me.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 9:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you booked through AA, then it would be down to AA to inform you about the change

I would not say it is that unusual for AA to not be overly active in informing of changes

Is the BNE-LAX flight on the same booking as the CHC-BNE flight? Be careful on time allowed in case of a misconnect
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Yes, the BNE-LAX is on the same booking. Currently there is a 4 hour layover in BNE so hopefully that will be enough.

The booking is through AA and I tend to check my reservations regularly since my experience is AA does a poor job of informing you of changes in your itinerary for non AA flights. I was surprised there was such a large change in the QF flight. I can see changing a few hours but from 4 pm to 6 am, that seems like a major change in their schedule.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: QFF Gold
Qantas has only recently come back to the Brisbane - Christchurch route (in the past year or so). I imagine that there has been some scheduling adjustments to get the route where it is now. I know the aircraft coming from Brisbane always goes back to Brisbane. Qantas 737 with registration VH-XZD has been doing this run for a couple of weeks straight now.

And if you've never been to Brisbane International Terminal, 4 hours will be ample time for transit. It's not a large terminal by any means.

Extract from Qantas statement 27 July 2016:
http://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/med...acific-demand/

New Zealand
Qantas will increase capacity to Christchurch to support growing trans-Tasman demand and better link New Zealand to the Qantas Group’s broader global network:
Flights between Brisbane and Christchurch services will grow from three per week to daily from 30 October, timed to connect with Qantas’ Asian and US network via Brisbane.
A new daily Melbourne-Christchurch service will begin from 4 December, timed to connect with onward flights to Dubai, London and a wide range of European destinations.

Last edited by qantas_flyer; Nov 19, 2016 at 3:28 pm Reason: Add link
Old Nov 19, 2016, 4:18 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by scottinaz
...The booking is through AA and I tend to check my reservations regularly since my experience is AA does a poor job of informing you of changes in your itinerary for non AA flights....
Not really a QF topic, but AA actually does a superb job of informing about flight changes including for non-AA flights -- but you have to opt-in to be notified! The default is not to be notified in real-time; I use the AA app which gets to be almost annoying with the frequent flight notifications ... it is very effective and efficient. Seems to be 100% accurate and reliable based on my sample size (hundreds of flights since the app started). The baggage tracking feature is very cool (shows when bags are loaded on plane at departure and unloaded at arrival).

Wish the QF app had similar functionality
Old Nov 19, 2016, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by number_6
Not really a QF topic, but AA actually does a superb job of informing about flight changes including for non-AA flights -- but you have to opt-in to be notified! The default is not to be notified in real-time; I use the AA app which gets to be almost annoying with the frequent flight notifications ... it is very effective and efficient. Seems to be 100% accurate and reliable based on my sample size (hundreds of flights since the app started). The baggage tracking feature is very cool (shows when bags are loaded on plane at departure and unloaded at arrival).

Wish the QF app had similar functionality
I have the AA app on my phone and it has been very useful about AA flight changes and I agree about the baggage tracking, very cool. I never got a notification for this flight change on my phone, via email or text. I assumed it was because it was not an AA flight.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 1:22 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
The BNE new schedule is tied to the introduction of a new Melbourne-CHC service, so no changes in schedules can be expected. Both flights are now timed to connect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.