Wiki Posts
Search

Good Qantas experience

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2016, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Good Qantas experience

Hello everyone, I'm a visitor from the BA board. We recently flew a couple of code shares with Qantas in Business and I just wanted to say how impressed we were. Lounges were a good standard - sometimes more than just good, especially in Singapore. Food was excellent all round, both in the lounges and onboard. Best of all were the crew who were friendly and really seemed to care.

On one flight (which was half empty) the crew forgot to deliver one of my courses and completely forgot to ask my husband what he wanted for his main course. By the time we realised nothing was happening we decided not to bother, having had a starter anyway. However I mentioned it to the Cabin Services Director as I thought he should know, for no other reason. I suspect that on many other airlines they might just have offered us a complaint form. However, he was genuinely concerned about it and gave us a couple of bottles of wine to take home, which was a gesture we really appreciated.

On the other Qantas flight I pulled a face when I found out that the only two white wines available were differing Sauvignon Blancs - not my fave. The crew member went off and rummaged around for chardonnay for me. Not many other airlines would have bothered. Thanks Qantas, we will be back!
Old Mar 15, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Hi gypsyjaney,

Welcome to the QF FT Board.

Sorry to hear of the hiccups but sounds like some crew members went out of their way to make things right. Did you get the crew member names and have you provided feedback via QF.com? (Unlike some complaints, crew compliments seem to get recorded and passed-on.) Even without the names, the CSD of the flight should be easy enough for QF to recognize.

Regards,

BD
Old Mar 15, 2016, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BD1959
Hi gypsyjaney,

Welcome to the QF FT Board.

Sorry to hear of the hiccups but sounds like some crew members went out of their way to make things right. Did you get the crew member names and have you provided feedback via QF.com? (Unlike some complaints, crew compliments seem to get recorded and passed-on.) Even without the names, the CSD of the flight should be easy enough for QF to recognize.

Regards,

BD
Old Mar 15, 2016, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the tip, I'll do that. Looking forward to flying Qantas again!
Old Mar 15, 2016, 6:16 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by gypsyjaney
Thanks for the tip, I'll do that. Looking forward to flying Qantas again!
Great stuff - and I'm sure the crew will appreciate the feedback (which I'm assured *is* formally logged).

Regards,

BD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.